SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mac & Cheese As A Thanksgiving Side Dish
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mac & Cheese As A Thanksgiving Side Dish Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We typically have both turkey and ham at Thanksgiving. We don't always have macaroni and cheese as a side dish, but I'd say we do most of the time. It's never the only starchy side dish. There are always mashed potatoes and usually sweet potatoes. There's always a corn dish too. In our family, regardless of who makes it, macaroni and cheese is always oven-baked and pretty rich with butter, a little garlic, and a variety of cheeses. We normally top it with panko.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
By all means yes.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Standard dish down here.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No. But I hate all forms of cheese and related foods.

I've been invited to have Thanksgiving Dinner with some friends and am looking forward to it. Have made a fruit salad to take with me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Baked Mac and Cheese is a must.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Mac n cheese can go with any meal. Any meal.

Yup. While I don’t consider it a traditional Thanksgiving side, if it’s there I will absolutely be eating some and I’ll be excited to see it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Baked Mac and Cheese is a must.

Yes. Mother's baked M&C is great. Just mac, cheese, and tomato sauce. And Mother's magic

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Mac n cheese can go with any meal. Any meal.

What he said. We don’t see it often at Thanksgiving but if someone brought it I would not give it a second thought.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post