SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Christmas Holiday cautionary tale.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Christmas Holiday cautionary tale. Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted
Friends, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
This past weekend I went to a Christmas party in Phoenix. Of course I had several mixed drinks…followed by a couple of shots of tequila and by the time I was ready to leave I knew I was somewhat over the limit, but STILL had the sense however to do what I had never done anytime in the past…I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police DUI check point on the way home, and since I was in a cab, they waved it past and through without even a glance. I arrived home shortly thereafter without incident. This was both a great relief and a total surprise because I’d never driven a cab before. I don’t remember where I got it, and now it’s in my garage and I don’t know what to do with it.
Drive safely!

:-)

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Good for you! In my circle of friends those that are heavy drinkers have personal Uber drivers they call and pay directly. One of my friends uses that service a couple times a week.

These days there is really no excuse for getting behind the wheel drunk. Unfortunately plenty still do.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Had us in the first half Big Grin

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wasn’t ready for the last couple sentences.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Loved it!! Thanks.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
So the moral of this story is: when out drinking always take a cab...

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I didn't see that coming. So whatcha got a Checker Cab? Big Grin

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you didn't drive, could been an expensive experience.
I just stay at home now and drink, not risking it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It’s a good thing you took a cab. That’s awesome.

Taking a bus is much more difficult.

Turning corners, parking, it’s not easy. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Good one. Did not see it coming.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Another lesson learned: we now know who doesn't read an entire post.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Another lesson learned: we now know who doesn't read an entire post.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know what a well-used, high-mileage Checker is going for on the open market? Probably no more than half a dozen whiskey dents.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha!

For reals, I once knew a guy, who pre-9/11 boarded a 737 guppy alone, middle of the night out of a regional airport and taxied it on the ramp for a bit, and parked it back at the jetway. He thought he was all in the clear, until he looked back at the ramp and noticed the tire marks in all the fresh fallen snow.

He really liked his ethanol. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post