SIGforum
A Christmas Holiday cautionary tale.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1530071794

December 21, 2022, 07:30 AM
Z06
A Christmas Holiday cautionary tale.
Friends, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
This past weekend I went to a Christmas party in Phoenix. Of course I had several mixed drinks…followed by a couple of shots of tequila and by the time I was ready to leave I knew I was somewhat over the limit, but STILL had the sense however to do what I had never done anytime in the past…I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police DUI check point on the way home, and since I was in a cab, they waved it past and through without even a glance. I arrived home shortly thereafter without incident. This was both a great relief and a total surprise because I’d never driven a cab before. I don’t remember where I got it, and now it’s in my garage and I don’t know what to do with it.
Drive safely!

:-)

December 21, 2022, 07:36 AM
cruiser68
Good for you! In my circle of friends those that are heavy drinkers have personal Uber drivers they call and pay directly. One of my friends uses that service a couple times a week.

These days there is really no excuse for getting behind the wheel drunk. Unfortunately plenty still do.
December 21, 2022, 07:37 AM
kx90
Had us in the first half Big Grin
December 21, 2022, 07:57 AM
Muddflap
Yeah, I wasn’t ready for the last couple sentences.
December 21, 2022, 08:39 AM
ragman
Loved it!! Thanks.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin
December 21, 2022, 08:40 AM
Audioholic
So the moral of this story is: when out drinking always take a cab...

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard
December 21, 2022, 08:40 AM
sybo
Cool
December 21, 2022, 08:45 AM
David Lee
I didn't see that coming. So whatcha got a Checker Cab? Big Grin
December 21, 2022, 08:52 AM
joatmonv
Glad you didn't drive, could been an expensive experience.
I just stay at home now and drink, not risking it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
December 21, 2022, 09:02 AM
OKCGene
It’s a good thing you took a cab. That’s awesome.

Taking a bus is much more difficult.

Turning corners, parking, it’s not easy. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,
December 21, 2022, 09:04 AM
SpinZone
Good one. Did not see it coming.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

December 21, 2022, 09:24 AM
Orguss
Another lesson learned: we now know who doesn't read an entire post.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
December 21, 2022, 09:30 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Another lesson learned: we now know who doesn't read an entire post.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
December 21, 2022, 09:38 AM
architect
Does anybody know what a well-used, high-mileage Checker is going for on the open market? Probably no more than half a dozen whiskey dents.
December 21, 2022, 10:36 AM
SIGnified
Ha ha ha!

For reals, I once knew a guy, who pre-9/11 boarded a 737 guppy alone, middle of the night out of a regional airport and taxied it on the ramp for a bit, and parked it back at the jetway. He thought he was all in the clear, until he looked back at the ramp and noticed the tire marks in all the fresh fallen snow.

He really liked his ethanol. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein