SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia Lawmaker Seeks to Block Hair-Based Discrimination
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia Lawmaker Seeks to Block Hair-Based Discrimination Login/Join 
posted
"The bill filed by Sen. Tonya Anderson, a Democrat representing Lithonia, would protect people who have “braids, locks, twists, or other textured hairdressing historically associated with an individual's race,”"

Another protected class. And, to top it off -

"Similar legislation has been passed in California, New York and New Jersey,"

I fear for my neighbor state

https://www.usnews.com/news/be...based-discrimination

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That nonsense has a zero percent chance of passing here.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3982 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d like legislation to bring back the conk. I liked James Brown and Al Sharpton when they were conked to the bone. Wilson Pickett wore a nice conk also.

A cut and paste info explanation.
The conk (derived from congolene, a hair straightener gel made from lye) was a hairstyle popular among African-American men from the 1920s to the 1960s. ... Conks were often styled as large pompadours although other men chose to simply slick their straightened hair back, allowing it to lie flat on their heads.

When I see dreads, I always think of “The Predator”

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

When I see dreads, I always think of “The Predator”

Me too. I also wonder how frikin nasty and dirty it must be.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Aren't there more pressing issues in GA?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Nothing is more important than identity politics to a liberal.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16539 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Beware asking a legislator to pay attention to more important matters.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I guess GA commies are trying to copy CA commies.

Calif. became the first state to enact this moronic legislation, went into effect the start of this year. So guys who want to wear long dirty dreadlocks at their jobs in Merrill Lynch can do so now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as a players hair protrudes from his helmet, it is legal to tackle him by his hair, it is considered part of the uniform. Man, I’d like to see non stop hair tackling.

I notice some yellow bellies keeping the dreads short or inside their helmet. Same applies to whites with the flowing mane, grab that hair & fling those sobs down. Play through the pain!
They might get another 5 yards but it’s gonna hurt bad.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’d like to be protected from ear hair. Does her bill cover that?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
All of you follicle-ists are discriminating against us bald guys. When do we get our lobbyist?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
All of you follicle-ists are discriminating against us bald guys. When do we get our lobbyist?

Lobbyist? Heck, I want reparations --> Bring back my hair!!

God bless America.

Posts: 13527 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8967 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I am not bald.
I am folicularly challenged.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
It's natural to focus on one's own respective state's proposed legislation...but if you take the time to check other states' proposed bills you'll often see trends in legislation...sometimes I think it's a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing...along with a shared political play book.

Colorado Democrat legislators have introduced a similar hair style related bill this session.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post