SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hanover, PA eagles nesting, livestreamed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hanover, PA eagles nesting, livestreamed. Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
Yesterday, after much viewer anticipation, bordering on worry, Liberty, the female of the mated pair of magnificent eagles, deposited an egg into the carefully constructed bole in their nest. If you click this link you will likely see her or her mate sitting protectively on the egg. And another egg is expected in the next few days.

In all the ugliness and stupidity wafting like malodor from Washington, I find it reassuring to see this ancient natural ritual enacted again.

Life on earth goes on, in most cases as it has for thousands of years, or even millions of years. Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and all their cohorts, are little lumps of stink in a huge panorama of natural spectacle that goes on eternally.

Liberty in America is doing very well. Just look at her in her high nest in Pennsylvania.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/.../bald-eagle-live-cam

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pantera1994
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I saw several eagles last year around the East Greenville area. Hopefully they continue to multiply.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is great! Thank you for sharing!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
And another egg is expected in the next few days.

How do they know that?

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Normally, eagles lay 2 or three eggs, approximately 3 days apart.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting display of situational awareness. Whichever eagle is on the nest, he or she is constantly scanning, scanning. They are vulnerable in the nest, so always alert.

Last year the female on the livestream was attacked by a rival female-- and killed. Viewers are still traumatized by that, because many of us start watching months before the eggs are laid.

Animals in the wild are hardwired to know that life can be violent-- and violent suddenly, "out of the blue."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm originally from that area & my wife has been following the Hanover eagles for a few years now. We see eagles from time to time up here in Perry County. We even see them soaring over our land occasionally. We can never get a picture before they disappear though. I guess I'll never get a job as a Nat Geo photographer.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
We have a place on the Lower Potomac, and have 3 pairs of eagles there now. One pair actually nests on a pole that is part of the boat dock.

The other 2 nest in nearby trees. Beautiful birds!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pantera1994:
Very cool. I saw several eagles last year around the East Greenville area. Hopefully they continue to multiply.

Where exactly? I'd love to see them.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
And another egg is expected in the next few days.

How do they know that?

The mommy birdie keeps asking the daddy birdie to go hunt her some chocolate-covered coal chips with melted cheese dressing..........

Posts: 11337 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
We have an eagle cam going here in Arizona too. I guess these two bald eagles are going through a learning curve. Their first egg was eaten by ravens when they both left the nest to feed. A second egg was eaten or damaged by a ringtail cat that was seen in the nest afterwards, and a third egg was also eaten by ravens when the nest was briefly left unattended. As of 2/24, a fourth egg was laid and so far, the two eagles are properly keeping it under their protection. Interesting stuff!

https://www.azgfd.com/wildlife...deagle/baldeaglecam/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10209 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
One interesting thing about logging on to the livestream is that viewers chat, and some of them have an amazing breadth of knowledge about eagles. It's like logging on here about guns. You can not ask a question that nobody could answer.