SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weathertech floor liners (new question, for CR-V owners)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weathertech floor liners (new question, for CR-V owners) Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've been using WeatherTech floor liners & side window wind deflectors in my last two pickups & in my wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee. No complaints, other than being pricey.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
As others have stated, I have moved on to Husky as well.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a Honda. Was told the factory mats were not an option offered at time of purchase. Seemed screwy, but I've never bought a new car so...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2749 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a weathertech mat that looked worth a damn. They all seem to not fit correctly and pull away from the floor.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I've been thoroughly satisfied with the WeatherTech mats I put in my 2011 Toyota Venza. Bought them 10 years ago, so don't know if their quality has declined since then?? [shrug...]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had four different vehicles with WeatherTech mats in them and they all fit great. I even have the rear seat ones now too. I did have a lockdown knob come out of one and they sent me a whole new set of front liners at no charge. Well worth the money in my opinion especially if you live in snow country like I do. Last set I bought was for my 2019 Sonata.

Time takes time.

Posts: 84 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the thread. I'm glad there are other options besides Wathertech.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19704 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So for anyone with a 17& up CR-V, it seems the weathertechs require you to pick a single position for the rear cargo floor when ordering the cargo liner. Is this also the case for the OEM Honda parts optional liner or can it be used in both positions?
Seems kinda stupid to limit yourself to one, but I drive a truck, so what do I know.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2749 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
For those that have the Husky X-Act Contours, did you have a color choice when you bought them? I looked at them the other day and seem to remember I was able to choose a color, but tonight when I went to order them, they only had black and that won’t work for me. Gray is preference, but brown would work.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have these floor mats for my Honda. I really like them. They look better than weather tec IMHO and are well made. They are not cheap. I really like carpet floor mats but the ones that come with Honda's these days are really cheap. So are most rubber-type floor mats.

I did a lot of research and am very happy with these.

https://www.autoanything.com/f...ider-kagu-floor-mats

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16409 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
It's a Honda. Was told the factory mats were not an option offered at time of purchase...

Consider yourself lucky, the factory mats are crap compared to Weathertech. I've got both.

Wolfe, check your mail.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Husky is worth a look too, as an alternative.

Right there, the Husky X-Act Contour model.

I’ve had a set in my 2014 Ram for over 8 years now and put a set in the 2022 I snagged in October.

The set in the 2014 still looks great and the truck has a crap anchor system in it. The 2022 anchors are much better but I have 0 complaints with these mats, and my trucks are used as trucks more than most half tons that aren’t in commercial circulation.

I compared the above Husky model to the Weathertech model (in the flesh), I bought the Husky because it fits better, more durable, not floppy, and softer for better contour fit. I second the vote for the Husky. If the Weathertech was better I would have bought it. It wasn't. Weathertech is expensive probably to pay for all the television advertising. Husky just makes a better product, for less money to boot.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8700 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post