SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2025 Toyota Camry hybrid only and 2024 models sold out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2025 Toyota Camry hybrid only and 2024 models sold out Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
So FYI 2025 Toyota Camry only comes with the hybrid powertrain for 2025 with the V6 option gone. I had been seriously considering a 2024 V6 Camry and much to my dismay 2024 model Camrys are already pretty much gone with 2025 available. Honda did the same in 2024. I really am not interested in a hybrid. I guess at this point I am going to have to look for late model used V6 Camry or 2.0T Honda Accord (decent performance on regular gas) and supposedly used car prices have been coming down. I took a look at the latest Nissan Maxima and it still comes with a V6 but now a CVT transmission Mad and Nissan CVT does not have the best reputation. Ugh oh well, bad on me for waiting too long.

https://www.toyota.com/camry/

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
CVT and 4-cyl hybrid only? That sucks.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm aiming to pick up a '24 4Runner in a couple of months, and I'm scared to death it's going to be unobtainium soon with the '25 coming on.

God bless America.

Posts: 13909 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Big Toyota fan here. But becoming harder as time marches on.
Looked at the Corolla Cross hybrid recently as my Mil is thinking about moving from her F150 to a smaller little awd suv. I doubt she would ever have to put gas in it Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19775 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm aiming to pick up a '24 4Runner in a couple of months, and I'm scared to death it's going to be unobtainium soon with the '25 coming on.

I hear you on that. Didn't expect 2024 Camrys to be phased out already.

I checked Cars.com and a fair amount of low mile 2021-2023 Honda Accord 2.0T around for not bad prices considering what used cars went for recently. My dealer has one right now but in white but we are not fond of white so will keep a close eye out for others to show up.

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
That sucks! I was looking to buy a V6 AWD Camry when I had the funds (another year or two). Dang.

I think I'm back to my backup - used 10 year old-ish LS460.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Big Toyota fan here. But becoming harder as time marches on.

Same here as especially in the Tundra world. They really screwed the pooch with these Tundra engines. So many catastrophic failures.
They just announced the massive recall.
Will be interesting to see what their recall remedy is? Everyone gets at least a short block and an inspection to see what else is needed or a Full motor replacement?

In these Camrys the hybrid only is really much ado about nothing.
Toyota has essentially perfected the hybrid game for these applications.

quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
CVT and 4-cyl hybrid only? That sucks.

Toyotas Hybrids are eCVT and not really problematic like CVTs.
They don’t use belts and pulleys but electronic motors.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
That sucks! I was looking to buy a V6 AWD Camry when I had the funds (another year or two). Dang.

I’d take a HARD pass on the LS460. They are much more problematic and expensive to repair than their predecessor.
You’re better off buying a low mileage (under 150k) LS430. It will be far more reliable and cost you much less in the end.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lexus makes great cars! I am trying to avoid anything that takes premium gas because around here it is about a buck a gallon more than regular. I think new and newer Acuras need premium, but not sure about Lexus.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I was going to say maybe look at Lexus (high end Toyota)

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19775 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I’d take a HARD pass on the LS460. They are much more problematic and expensive to repair than their predecessor.
You’re better off buying a low mileage (under 150k) LS430. It will be far more reliable and cost you much less in the end.

Thanks, good to know. Will try to research this.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

You better hurry.....I just got my 2024 4Runner and it took the dealership 10 days to find one with most of what I wanted.

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like there are a couple in GA if you are able to travel to pick it up. Prince of Tifton Toyota and AutoNation Toyota Mall of GA.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Toyota Avalons don't seem to get much love and they are great cars.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
For me, I think Crown is offered here finally as well. Great cars but price is high relative to Lexus. And also prefer RWD/AWD over FWD. Not against it, but a first preference.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Thanks, good to know. Will try to research this.

Start here

quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Toyota Avalons don't seem to get much love and they are great cars.

You are correct.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If one must be stuck with a hybrid, the Toyota is at least well proven.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for my Mild Hybrid Land Cruiser to be delivered. I’m looking forward to it. It seems to be the future of Toyota vehicles.

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 179 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Every day that goes by I’m happier to keep my 2018 Accord 2.0 Turbo—even though mileage is not terrific. My big Mazda CX-90 PHEV gets better mileage, even without using electricity.
But I may give up the CX-90 at the end of the 2-year lease. For one thing, insurance is $900 for six months; for another, my wife prefers a minivan.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 3cyl Toyota Corolla. Half the cylinders, but twice the fun, and not a hybrid.

Even with 300hp, it still gets great gas mileage.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Looks like there are a couple in GA if you are able to travel to pick it up. Prince of Tifton Toyota and AutoNation Toyota Mall of GA.

Thanks for that but already decided I don't want to drive hundreds of miles for one.