SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2025 Toyota Camry hybrid only and 2024 models sold out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2025 Toyota Camry hybrid only and 2024 models sold out Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Toyota Avalons don't seem to get much love and they are great cars.

Yeah but they quit making them too though if I find a nice low mileage late model at decent price I certainly might consider.

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I just bought a 3cyl Toyota Corolla. Half the cylinders, but twice the fun, and not a hybrid.

Even with 300hp, it still gets great gas mileage.

Cool Big Grin , but a bit small for our needs.

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Every day that goes by I’m happier to keep my 2018 Accord 2.0 Turbo—even though mileage is not terrific. My big Mazda CX-90 PHEV gets better mileage, even without using electricity.
But I may give up the CX-90 at the end of the 2-year lease. For one thing, insurance is $900 for six months; for another, my wife prefers a minivan.

Good for you! Yeah I am going to keep an eye out for late model 2.0T Accords. Seems to be a solid engine with excellent performance that also runs on regular gas? The 2.0T Accords don't have CVT transmission either I believe. Personally the styling on the latest Accord doesn't seem like an improvement over last couple generations. When I explained to the people at the local Honda dealer that it sucks that they don't have a performance orientated Accord anymore they told me the new hybrid is pretty quick. I told them in my book an Accord that does 0-60 in 7.8 seconds is by no means quick. Roll Eyes At age 72 looks like I am going to keep my 2014 EX-L V6 for quite a while yet. It's in great shape as wife works at hospital and it is parked out of the sun in their employee garage and always in garage when she is at home. I married a young one, but she will be retiring soon too.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Lexus makes great cars! I am trying to avoid anything that takes premium gas because around here it is about a buck a gallon more than regular. I think new and newer Acuras need premium, but not sure about Lexus.

If you're going with a premium brand, just expect to use premium gas. If it's turbo charged, it's safer to use premium even though the manual might say you can use regular.

You can also go to FuelEconomy.gov and they'll tell you what type of gas is suggested and compare multiple vehicles.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just be glad the Japanese manufacturers are fighting back against the all electric crowd.
Look at what Ford and others have tried to do with the next generation.

Posts: 9834 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post