SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help identifying this tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help identifying this tool Login/Join 
Picture of 383stroker
posted
Hi all, I've had this tool for around 20 years, picked it up in an Army surplus store. sorry I don't know how to take a pic and place it up but it's a stamped piece of metal with a flat blade screwdriver on one end and has 3 cutouts for open end wrenches on the other end, along with a swiveling pointed punch in the middle of it. I know someone here knows what weapon it was made for, Help me out please.

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Send me a pic via email and I’ll post it for you.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
SENT, thanks

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nothing rec’d yet

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Does it look like this?

This is an M60 machinegun wrench for the gas piston tool with an attached reamer to clear carbon

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Finally came through-

Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
Thanks I had just tried to resend.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Google images says this is a WW2 US 30 Cal Aircraft Combination Tool

Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
Well my MOS was 16R, Crewman on the M163 Vulcan Air Defense Artillary, That's as close as I come to Aircraft. I've used this thing for years on numerous guns was always curious what it was actually made for. Thanks.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yes that’s a BMG 1919 M2 combo wrench
(Verified by the part number B 8696-4

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, That makes it even more special to me, I've been behind one of those in the service, It does have those numbers stamped into the backside but a google search tor those Didn't pull up anything gun related.