SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    tonight's Powerball lottery, WI members check your tickets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tonight's Powerball lottery, WI members check your tickets Login/Join 
posted
$ 550,000,000 payout annuity
$ 335,000,000 one time payout

If I don't get to win it,
I would love to hear that someone here
would cash in big time.

good luck to those taking a chance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I picked up a ticket this weekend. I know i won't win but it gives me something to look forward to on Wednesday.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an annuity, that's about 1.34 million a month for 25 years. Unless I can't count.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
All ya'all can save your money. I got this.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I called my boss and quit so I won't have to in the morning. Courtesy and all.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Since Powerball went some years back from $1 to $2 a play, halving my already infinitesimal chances, I don't bother. So I guess my chances are zero.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have two tickets

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Since Powerball went some years back from $1 to $2 a play, halving my already infinitesimal chances, I don't bother. So I guess my chances are zero.
If nobody wins this time, the jackpot will be so large that the cost to play is better than the odds (1 in 292,201,338).

Kind of a moot point as I've got this sewn up. Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23219 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I have two tickets

I too have two tickets, hopefully to paradise.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I don't really want to drive 60 miles to buy tickets.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
There are five of us that play a smaller lottery. It was my turn to buy for tonight's drawing. I will check in the AM. If we win I am not going to work(have to work of town tomorrow),F#$@ that!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolled over. Now $625,000,000.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Rolled over. Now $625,000,000.

I don't play the lottery as a rule, but when it gets this big sometimes I get one just to dream about. I think this is one of those times.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely buy a ticket, but did this morning when I stopped for gas. Could have thrown my money in the trash instead, but I'll amuse myself with the possibility for a few days.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I don't get to win it,
I would love to hear that someone here
would cash in big time.

If I ever win a big lotto jackpot, absolutely no one is going to hear about it other than my lawyer and financial advisor. If I have to put my name on the claim ticket, I will be changing my name and all contact info later that day.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I rarely buy a ticket, but did this morning when I stopped for gas. Could have thrown my money in the trash instead, but I'll amuse myself with the possibility for a few days.

A coworker once said about buying a ticket on these big jackpots (the only time I do) that "it's a pretty inexpensive dream."

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
absolutely no one is going to hear about it other than my lawyer and financial advisor

In AZ you have 180 days to claim a ticket and can remain anonymous for 90 days after coming forward (signed into law 4 years ago). Right now AZ lawmakers are pushing for full anonymity via HB 2552. Waiting a few months, with a little behind-the-scene lobbying, might be all it takes to retain your current identity.

Two dollars is my limit on these games. Statistically, the greatest increase in your chances of winning happen after you buy one ticket. Beyond that, there is no significantly greater benefit in buying ten tickets.

It's my belief that the Pennsylvania Lottery has misrepresented odds for years, in an attempt to lure the masses into playing. The Millionaire Lottery is one example. 500,000 tickets, $20 each, each ticket with a single unique number on it. Officials draw four numbers for four million-dollar prizes. In my backward way of thinking, that gives you four chances in 500,000 of hitting a million bucks. Lottery officials claim you have a 1/125,000 chance of winning.

Do we have a statistician in the house? Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

Two dollars is my limit on these games. Statistically, the greatest increase in your chances of winning happen after you buy one ticket. Beyond that, there is no significantly greater benefit in buying ten tickets.

It's my belief that the Pennsylvania Lottery has misrepresented odds for years, in an attempt to lure the masses into playing. The Millionaire Lottery is one example. 500,000 tickets, $20 each, each ticket with a single unique number on it. Officials draw four numbers for four million-dollar prizes. In my backward way of thinking, that gives you four chances in 500,000 of hitting a million bucks. Lottery officials claim you have a 1/125,000 chance of winning.

Do we have a statistician in the house? Big Grin

I'm not a statistician, but believe your analysis to be incorrect. Buying 10 tickets actually does give you a 10x better chance of winning, it's just that the odds suck so bad it's unlikely to matter.

ummm......4/500,000 is exactly the same as 1/125,000.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
With money that big, I could manage my finances like the Federal government and STILL be rich next year!

If I could just eke out a mere 0.005 percent interest, and assuming that Uncle Sam got 40% off the top, I'd still gross over 1.8 million bucks a year off interest from principal. My kind of scratch there!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
As an annuity, that's about 1.34 million a month for 25 years. Unless I can't count.

https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp

just click on your state

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post