SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Somali pirates getting owned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somali pirates getting owned Login/Join 
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What is the single barrelled, semi-auto, radar controlled cannon?

MK 38 Mod 2 25mm

The Navy version of the M242 Bushmaster

Pic toward the bottom.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_25mm_mk38.php

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Here is a sales video for the Bushmaster. There is a short clip of the action operating about 3/4 the way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ-PbXhGt38

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if you can get them for about $10k then they can compete quite nicely with the Barrett

would look very nice roof mounted on my Tacoma

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a nice MK19 might be nice vs these shitheads? Some area effects might do some good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
if you can get them for about $10k then they can compete quite nicely with the Barrett

would look very nice roof mounted on my Tacoma

I'll guess 10K will get you a fairly simple mount for one.

Looks like $24.2 million for 21 systems with spares. If I'm reading this right that's over $! million per gun.

http://www.naval-technology.co...-mk38-mod-2-guns-bae

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yeah the MK38 Mod 0 was expensive, it included the Gun, ammo box, Computer box, Battery box (and one backup battery)....the mount was a separate cost.

And the ammo was separate too..

But it's bad ass... to explain...if engaging a helicopter at ~1 mile....there is no lead...BOOM, tango down!

We had one when we switched from 20mm Oerlikon cannon to the MK38 and it was wayyy slower, but one hit with HE was all it took....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11477 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
What were those rounds that were ricocheting off of the water?

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
What were those rounds that were ricocheting off of the water?

Warning shots.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post