SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Somali pirates getting owned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somali pirates getting owned Login/Join 
posted
I found this somewhat cathartic. I did not see that it had been posted before.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Did you notice the guys with AR15s/M16s shooting the rail right before the commercials for other videos popped up?

Prior to that, the ma deuces, autocannons, and gatlin guns were fun.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23689 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Resting your rifle on the gunwale of a ship for stability and accuracy while in the ocean is...well, it's silly. And it's counterproductive.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Those ricochets were something else!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Poor Somalis. They're just trying to raise some money so that they can move to Minnesota.

Some of them seemed awful slow to get the "message."

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5313 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Resting your rifle on the gunwale of a ship for stability and accuracy while in the ocean is...well, it's silly. And it's counterproductive.

And shooting your ship because you don't understand how aiming works.... it's also counterproductive.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6899 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:

@ 4:35 .... while your mate is in front of you a few degrees down/right ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
The first part is a training video, not any kind of pirate attack. Mixed in with a real attack at about 3:30 in.

Got to get those hits and make money on YouTube...

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, at around the 2:00 mark it really starts getting good - fireworks better than the 4th Smile

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Where do I sign up?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
The first part is a training video, not any kind of pirate attack. Mixed in with a real attack at about 3:30 in.

Got to get those hits and make money on YouTube...

I recognized the training portion right away. I'm interested in how the USN operates those targets remotely.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh my God! That was absolutey euphoric. I would pay good money to be there blasting away at pirates. Somone needs to realize the profit potential in anti pirate vacation cruises and make it happen.

Hell, even just simulating it would be fun. Use automated small boats and randomly set off alarms while on the cruise. It could make a ton of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Oh my God! That was absolutey euphoric. I would pay good money to be there blasting away at pirates. Somone needs to realize the profit potential in anti pirate vacation cruises and make it happen.

Hell, even just simulating it would be fun. Use automated small boats and randomly set off alarms while on the cruise. It could make a ton of money.

^^^ I like how you think. Cool

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

And shooting your ship because you don't understand how aiming works.... it's also counterproductive.

LOL. We see that every year here in MT during big game season. Guys shooting over the hood or off the bed of their pickups...SHOOTING their hoods, etc..... as the bore is lower than the scope.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

LOL. We see that every year here in MT during big game season. Guys shooting over the hood or off the bed of their pickups...SHOOTING their hoods, etc..... as the bore is lower than the scope.

I did that during pest eradication out my bathroom window. I nailed one of my wife's nik nacks on the window sill with a high velocity pellet. Luckily I didn't hit the window frame.

Posts: 7637 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What is the single barrelled, semi-auto, radar controlled cannon?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53248 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know if you noticed, but the machine guns used by the military in the first part of the video were uhh....mounted to the ship. Why fight two independent movements (body and sea) vs just one with minute adjustments?

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Yeah - just wait until the ship causes your crosshair to be in the right spot during each cycle of movement...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I suspect even a hit to a fiberglass boat from small arms would cause pirates to quickly lose their enthusiasm. As would a near miss from a .50 Cal or 20MM.

One of the greatest dangers in repelling boarders is the risk of your fire causing fire or explosion of the pirate craft while it is next to the ship you are defending. Even though you are in a position of great tactical advantage, you fail if the pirate craft ever gets close to your ship due to fire risk.

Posts: 7637 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What is the single barrelled, semi-auto, radar controlled cannon?

I'm no expert, but it looks a whole lot like a Mk 38 Mod 2. Basically, a 25mm Bushmaster cannon with a remote controlled mount:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M242_Bushmaster

- Bret

Posts: 2476 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post