SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get rid of a wondering cat?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get rid of a wondering cat? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
My inlaws are 80+ YO.

They found out a cat is visiting the house and peing and shitting all over the place.

How can they get rid of it?
It's not exactly feral nor does it have someone responsible for it.

We are in South America. Animal control exists only in the gringo tv shows. Not part of our reality.

Any practical tricks?

Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Get them about four dogs -- problem solved.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do cats tend to wonder about? If you can answer that question then you are more than halfway there.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Motion activated sprinkler

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23092 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Wonder v. Wander...

I guess a cat could wonder but they don't seem the type and I don't see cats wandering around but rather they are in search of something whether it's a rival, prey or a place to watch.

No, this post makes no sense.

OP is a troll.

Posts: 4066 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Cats don't like moth balls if you can set some out nearby.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This is a gun forum.....

I cannot believe no one has suggested a catapult!

Thank you thank you, I’ll be here all week, tip your waitress!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11238 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Catnip strategically placed to attract it away from house

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the typo, nobody told me if the cat was of the philosophical type or not.

Mothballs seems feasable.
Motion activated sprinklers are something out of a Sci-fi novel to us.

Will pass along the advice. Thank you all.

0-0

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I love cats. We have two inside & are caring for a mother & 3 kittens with two heated & insulated houses on the porch .
They’re fed twice a day & have a heated water bowl.
But when a Tom cat came around and insisted on pissing on our welcome mat.
I tried what has worked previously.
Powdered Fox Urine (no smell for humans).
When that didn’t work .... Ruger Airhawk up!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Spray it with a hose whenever it shows up and it should get the hint.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys need to read the thread before commenting. He made a typo!
I have a container of some kind of granules I use. They need to be re applied after rain of course.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is live trapping & relocating an option?

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I was also going to recommend fox or coyote urine. Not sure if there are any stores there that would carry anything like that, or if you can order it.

Maybe find a fresh roadkill coyote and rub his carcass around? Lol...only partially joking there. What about a decoy owl? Would that scare off a cat?

Our cat is a pain in the ass. I threaten to coat her in peanut butter and feed her to the coyotes daily. It doesn’t work.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
No catch and release option.
Inlaws live in a poorly educated, shanty town, shitty type area and are too old to tackle this.

So far, the mothballs are the easiest fix for us. Providing the cat wants to cooperate, that is.

0-0

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
How to get rid of a wondering cat?

Give the cat a thorough explanation. It won't need to wonder any more.

You can do a follow-up check for wonder, with a complete cat scan.

Whatever you do, don't use irony. It doesn't work with cats.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
This is a gun forum.....

I cannot believe no one has suggested a catapult!

Thank you thank you, I’ll be here all week, tip your waitress!

"Try the veal"

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it depends where you live. If you resort to lethal means, don’t forget the last ‘S’ in SSS.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give up what are the first 2 s’s?

I got swift, silent, stinky so far.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I give up what are the first 2 s’s?

I got swift, silent, stinky so far.

Shoot... shovel... shut up... or so I've heard.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post