SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get rid of a wondering cat?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get rid of a wondering cat? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Provided they don’t have any pets of their own, find some extra hot cayenne pepper powder. Sprinkle that all over, where you don’t want the cat. It’ll get on the pads of the feel and it’ll burn. It’ll lick it off, which will burn the tongue. If it sniffs the ground, it’ll inhale and it’ll burn.

Long and short, cats aren’t stupid. If it gets a good scorching from cayenne, it won’t come back.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Wondering cat?

Most of the options we take for granted probably won't work with these people in this living situation. I used to throw pebbles or gravel at cats fighting or fucking (with cats there's a great deal of overlap) outside while yelling "SCAT!" But elderly people may not have much of a throwing arm. Similarly, one can't just go to the sporting goods store and buy coyote urine.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Since it appears to be a roving male cat the "shovel and shut-up" are definite. How you arrive at that point depends on what you think you can get away with quietly. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where destroying the cat is about the only viable solution.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Provided they don’t have any pets of their own, find some extra hot cayenne pepper powder. Sprinkle that all over, where you don’t want the cat. It’ll get on the pads of the feel and it’ll burn. It’ll lick it off, which will burn the tongue. If it sniffs the ground, it’ll inhale and it’ll burn.

Long and short, cats aren’t stupid. If it gets a good scorching from cayenne, it won’t come back.

This seems like an easy fix.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The cat is motivated by food and sex. Get rid of those options and the cat will go elsewhere.

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Rosemary , lavender or citrus

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Youre in South America...
What about a wondering Python/Boa.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

He's already got a wondering cat.

A wondering boa adds far too much confusion.

Almost as bad a daydreaming python.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMPinNYC:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I give up what are the first 2 s’s?

I got swift, silent, stinky so far.

Shoot... shovel... shut up... or so I've heard.

Seeing as they are in the ghetto, wouldn't shoot, saute and shut up be more appropriate?

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make it run, bowl of pepper! Make it die bowl of anti-freeze!!!!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^^recommend you remove that post before the Boss locks the thread

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Stuff disappears all the time, what happened to Jimmy Hoffa?

I actually take it easy on cats around here, they can dance with the coyotes. Two can keep a secret if one is deceased.

I can play an ‘O J’ if needed, wife & all. ‘I know nothing’.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Well, i found a life size John Cleese cardboard cutout online but not sure they ship to Argentina and honestly doubt it will work.

https://www.celebrity-cutouts....al-cardboard-cutout/

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Stuff disappears all the time, what happened to Jimmy Hoffa?

It wasn't a python.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Do you know what they say about curiosity?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Box trap, even a homemade one. Then a long drive far, far away.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
The “Make it ...” post is a horrible idea. That remedy is non-selective and endangers any dog or cat in the area. I have issue at all with the air rifle idea, but that idea sucks.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
‘Visiting and peeing in the house’? The easy solution is to lock, close, or fence the door, no outside food.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One pack of firecrackers usually does the trick.

Posts: 74 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post