SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about the Nov election re: ensuring election integrity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about the Nov election re: ensuring election integrity Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Have any on you heard or read any plans from the GOP on how they will ensure election integrity in the upcoming presidential election? I've been catching bits and pieces from various talking heads on talk radio circuits that amounts to really same old same old. "Oh, we'll be having armies of observers, poll watchers, and lawyers at the election sites. We'll be in the room blah blah blah..." What? That's what they had in the 2020 election, and what happened? They all got kicked out, left standing holding the bag, and all the glass windows covered with cardboards, while God knows what went on inside. Seems they haven't learned anything. What Am I missing? What do y'all know about the GOP plan?

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
My greatest fear. THIS time may spark a revolution. I think they are quite aware of that.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8652 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
"Don't worry about the election; Trump's not gonna win. I made f***ing sure of that!" -Eric Croomer, vice president of U.S. engineering at Dominion Voting Systems. 11/17/2020

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Trump Campaign and RNC Unveil Historic 100,000 Person Strong Election Integrity Program
Apr 19, 2024

WASHINGTON - In an historic move to safeguard the integrity of the electoral process, the Trump Campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC) announce the launch of the most extensive and monumental election integrity program in the nation's history.

About the launch, President Trump said, “Having the right people to count the ballots is just as important as turning out voters on Election Day. Republicans are now working together to protect the vote and ensure a big win on November 5th!”

RNC Chairman Michael Whatley, Co-Chair Lara Trump and Chief Counsel Charlie Spies, together with the Campaign, designed this new program to have over 100,000 dedicated volunteers and attorneys deployed across every battleground state as part of the RNC’s commitment to ensuring transparency and fairness in the 2024 elections.

"Election integrity is the foundation of our democracy," said Chairman Whatley. "Through this unprecedented program, we are mobilizing lawyers and volunteers who are committed to preserving the sanctity of our elections."

Whenever a ballot is being cast or counted, Republican poll watchers will be observing the process and reporting any irregularity. In the event of an irregularity or problem, RNC lawyers and the volunteer attorneys that they have coordinated will provide rapid response services to resolve the issue using a sophisticated, tested action protocol.

“The Democrat tricks from 2020 won’t work this time. In 2024 we’re going to beat the Democrats at their own game and the RNC legal team will be working tirelessly to ensure that elections officials follow the rules in administering elections. We will aggressively take them to court if they don’t follow rules or try to change them at the last minute,” said Charlie Spies. “President Trump has said that the Republican victory in November needs to be too big to rig. The political team will be working to ensure a huge victory for Republicans at all levels, and RNC legal is committed to making sure that victory can’t be rigged.”

“Every ballot. Every precinct. Every processing center. Every county. Every battleground state. We will be there,” said Co-Chair Lara Trump. "The RNC is hiring hundreds of election integrity staff across the map – more than ever before because our Party will be recruiting thousands of more observers to protect the vote in 2024. These campaign officials in states are tasked with recruiting, training, and when possible, shifting poll watchers and poll workers day in and day out."

Partnered alongside the efforts of grassroots supporters and legal experts, the program is establishing a robust network of monitoring, and protection against any violation or fraud. This groundbreaking initiative underscores the unwavering commitment of the RNC and the Trump Campaign to protect the election.

To empower poll watchers, poll workers, and attorneys, comprehensive training sessions will be conducted every month on the monitoring of not only voting sites but also ballot tabulation centers. These trainings will equip volunteers with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively oversee potential problems in the electoral process, guaranteeing that every vote is counted accurately and fairly.

There are five areas of observation where we will guarantee coverage and aggressive attorneys will be engaged at all these stages to stop Democrat attempts to circumvent rules:

Logic & Accuracy Machine Testing
Early Voting
Election Day Voting
Mail Ballot Processing: Adjudication & Duplication
Post-Election: Canvass, Audits, Recounts

Attorneys will be stationed at every single target processing center where mail ballots are tabulated. This program starts with lawyers committing to battleground state polling sites, county boards of elections, secretaries of state offices, and in the Republican Party War Rooms.

Every single battleground state is operating its own “Election Integrity Hotline.” The State Republican War Room is the command center where lawyers will field all incoming questions and issues reported by poll watchers and voters statewide. Lawyers will guide poll watchers through the appropriate election code and provide clarity on how various issues should be answered, resolved, or escalated. This system will be operational from the first day of early voting through election day – and afterward if necessary.

Under the leadership of Chairman Whatley and Co-Chair Trump, the RNC is executing an unprecedented legal strategy, fighting in courtrooms across the country. We will deliver a pro-active litigation effort every time election officials are breaking the law as well as intervene to defend commonsense election law safeguards under Democrat attack.

The RNC team of lawyers is already aggressively engaging in legal battles around the country. So far this cycle, the RNC has engaged in 82 election integrity lawsuits in 25 states.

The election integrity program's scale and scope are unparalleled and reflects an historic collaboration between the RNC, the Trump Campaign, and passionate grassroots coalitions who are deeply invested in fighting voter fraud. Together, we will work tirelessly to ensure that every eligible voter can participate in a free and fair election.

https://gop.com/press-release/...n-integrity-program/

Go here for more info, AND to get involved --> https://www.protectthevote.com/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, I've heard that being touted on the talk radio circuits. What, going to have more lawsuits this time around? Serious question.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I understand Musk and fellow donors have pledged 45 million a month until election day purposed for vote integrity. That’s 180,000,000.00 if you count July. That kind of coin can buy a lot of eyeballs and legal eagles. That and Lara Trump has been working out a plan since last year. I don’t think we hear details for tactical reasons.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
RNC Election Integrity & Litigation Efforts thru 2/14/24:

https://prod-static.gop.com/me...14.24_1708716277.pdf

This was the easiest such doc to find, I'll try to find a more recent report.

RNC Election Integrity on 'X' --> https://twitter.com/rncvoteprotect

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to defeat the D cheating is to overwhelm it. Republicans need to get off their asses and vote. If the margin is big enough, they can’t cheat their way past it.

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point I’m not sure if any presidential election since Adams/Jefferson has been honest.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
The easiest way to defeat the D cheating is to overwhelm it. Republicans need to get off their asses and vote. If the margin is big enough, they can’t cheat their way past it.

Convincing people "all is lost because they cheat" is doing us no good at all.

Every single able bodied person with the right to vote that believes in DJT, needs to make sure they do so. No excuses.

Wringing hands and clutching pearls does not count.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I tend to remember Russell Brand’s rant. If one side is doing it, both are. This isn’t a foreign concept. Just do it better.

Does that sound unscrupulous? I don’t care.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Today is a BIG Day for Election Integrity...GOP Election Integrity Team training is coming to TWELVE States! Training via Zoom at 4:00 PM today Sunday, August 18th! Sign up for training to be part of the team in the following states to ensure Election Integrity...Time is of the essence!

California --> https://t.co/lPHoCX0JkC
- Special Guest: Abel Maldonado - Former LT Governor of CA

Georgia --> https://t.co/IeksihU58a
- Special Guest: Colby Covington - UFC Champion

Maine --> https://t.co/WVQZ7641ml
- Special Guest: Matt Whitaker - Former US Attorney General

Michigan --> https://t.co/lWDsIZX4gK
- Special Guest: Kari Lake - US Senate Candidate for AZ

Nebraska --> https://t.co/yUYDO37FMf
- Special Guest: Rogan O'Handley - @ DC_Draino

New Hampshire --> https://t.co/MODtBc0Aaz
- Special Guest: Karoline Leavitt - Former Asst. White House Press Secretary & Trump 2024 National Press Secretary

New York --> https://t.co/eRNlqpSd2Q
- Special Guest: Byron Donalds - US Representative (FL-19)

North Carolina --> https://t.co/ugjq65g3jM
- Special Guest: Alina Habba - Attorney & Sr. Advisor to Donald J Trump

Ohio --> https://t.co/9DpnuFsRc9
- Special Guest: Mike Carey - US Representative (OH-15)

Pennsylvania --> https://t.co/cWu7vDJDXZ
- Special Guest: Marjorie Taylor Greene - US Representative (GA-14)

Virginia --> https://t.co/2T4e04Ttk2
- Special Guest: Newt Gingrich - Former Speaker of the US House of Representatives

Wisconsin --> https://t.co/ab4i9NK1gI
- Special Guest: Jim Jordan - US Representative (OH-4)

Follow RNC Protect the Vote on 'X' here --> https://x.com/rncvoteprotect

Go here to get more info, AND get involved --> https://www.protectthevote.com/

Live Free or Die!

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't understand why we allow any kind of mail-in/electronic voting of any kind. No early voting, no electronic voting, strict voter ID. You show up at the polls in person, show your ID, vote a paper ballot that is then counted by hand. Equal numbers of opposing parties are present during the counting process, agree on the numbers. Counting is done by 3rd party that nobody is allowed to know ahead of time.

Can't have it both ways. Either we allow for early/electronic voting - in which case the system is more susceptible to fraud and grift, or we don't and attempt to lock it down to ensure the integrity of the process. That will suck for elderly and infirm folks, but what's the alternative?

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I hope it works for the republicans.

I remember Brenda Snipes in Broward County in 2018 trying to pull of an after hours defeat of Rick Scott for senate and Ron Desantis for govennor.

They kicked out the watchers, locked the doors, and removed anyone trying to get information about the trucks that came late. A court order was issued and when they showed up to get inside they got the middle finger and kept on doing their corrupt crap. Rock Scott found out about it after he noticed his lead dwindling rapidly as Broward County updated their after hours results. I expect Ron Desantis will be doing a good job in Florida this time but there are lots of Brenda Snipes still out there.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I tend to remember Russell Brand’s rant. If one side is doing it, both are. This isn’t a foreign concept. Just do it better.

Does that sound unscrupulous? I don’t care.

You will never out cheat the commies. Satan is the Prince of Lies.

With truth on our side, we have to defeat them. We can’t beat them at their own game.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I remember Brenda Snipes in Broward County in 2018 trying to pull of an after hours defeat of Rick Scott for senate and Ron Desantis for govennor.

A Demonrat. Appointed by Jeb Bush. Roll Eyes

Q

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I heard top senior GOP party officials are signing up for an arduous regimen meant to increase their flexibility. Their goal is for each of them to be able to comfortably grasp their ankles from a standing position.

Seriously, I don’t understand why they quickly bow down to the Dems’ charges of racism when they bring up election integrity measures. For those Kamala rallies, it’s by invitation only and attendees have to present a government picture ID. If they can require a picture ID for just a political rally, how much more important is an election?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19992 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
I honestly don't understand why we allow any kind of mail-in/electronic voting of any kind. No early voting, no electronic voting, strict voter ID. You show up at the polls in person, show your ID, vote a paper ballot that is then counted by hand. Equal numbers of opposing parties are present during the counting process, agree on the numbers. Counting is done by 3rd party that nobody is allowed to know ahead of time.

If that was the case then many people would not get to vote because of health problems.
Case in point:My wife has asthma and our polling station is in the local fire hall. The minute she walks in there the asthma attacks begins because of the diesel fumes.
She CANNOT be in there for even one minute.
Absentee ballots have a valid place but the mass mailing to people that have no real need for them is wrong.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4221 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Yeah, I've heard that being touted on the talk radio circuits. What, going to have more lawsuits this time around? Serious question.

Yeah, if they think they're going to stop fraud on election day by just having a lot watchers on site, they're delusional. The safeguards need to have been in place long before that. We need new laws like what Glen Youngkin signed in Virginia. We need to stop it before the ballots are cast. Because once they're cast, we all know it'll be damn near impossible to un-cast them if you will.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:

Can't have it both ways. Either we allow for early/electronic voting - in which case the system is more susceptible to fraud and grift, or we don't and attempt to lock it down to ensure the integrity of the process. That will suck for elderly and infirm folks, but what's the alternative?

I will be out of the country on Election Day and was curious how the NC absentee process works.

I went online and found the correct page to start the process of them mailing me a ballot in September. I have to say I was quite impressed with the verification process and the questions it asked me.

Once I receive the ballot and fill it out I have to sign it and I believe I have to personally deliver it to my local elections official and present my ID for verification. It’s a bunch of hoops to jump through but well worth it IMHO.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post