SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about the Nov election re: ensuring election integrity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about the Nov election re: ensuring election integrity Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to stop it before the ballots are cast. Because once they're cast, we all know it'll be damn near impossible to un-cast them if you will.

You've hit on something that's fundamental to the issue of auditing election results and proving fraud:
Ballots, once cast, cannot be traced to a voter. There is no serial number or any identifying mark to match that ballot to the person who supposedly voted.

Think about that for a moment. In all other forms of audit you can trace a transaction back to a person.

Our elections are designed to value "privacy" over security.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Two points to consider about the 2020 election; Number 1- Republicans were completely blindsided, taken by surprise at the blatant, widespread ballot fraud. Nobody was expecting multiple states to simultaneously stop the count and have counting centers working secretly during these hours racking up ballots for Biden. No real measures were in place, no protocols, no strategy, no boots on the ground to counter this. And Number 2- there was a"health emergency" that was exaggerated and weaponized to feed and facilitate the fraud. In 2024, both of these factors are gone. The Republican Party officially acknowledges that fraud will happen, and to plan accordingly. To throw millions of dollars and people specifically at the problem is a great sign. And there is no Covid to weaponize in psychological warfare against the voters. And to boot, now many voters are fully aware of ballot fraud, it is not tinfoil hat bullshit anymore.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post