SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question For Members Here With Young Children: Sickness So Far In 2024
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question For Members Here With Young Children: Sickness So Far In 2024 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I’m not sure what is going on here, 2024 has been a bad year so far for my kids and getting sick. It’s only March and we are now into the third round of my kids getting sick and their cousins too.

Are any of you seeing this or is this maybe a regional thing?

We usually can plan on each kid getting sick maybe once a year maybe twice in a 12 month period but here we are only 3 months into the year and the third round of this.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
3 or ours had a 48 stomach bug. Started with one, then the next day, another, then the 3rd day another.
All missed 2 days of school puking and fever.

3 weeks later 2 out of 3 had confirmed flu and my wife got the flu in that bout.

Lots of snots and sniffles over the past month and a half.
Myself included.

Weather has been interesting we’re 31* right now the other day we were over 70*.
Lots of cold and warm weather all mixed in.

Lots of kids sick at school as well.

Think it just happens sometimes. I’d say our boys immune systems were down from the stomach bug and the flu just crept in as they were still not full speed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
My one daughter came home Friday night with a fever. All weekend long she had the fever and was nauseous.
They get something like this once a year. I expect it though with all the kids in school they're bound to come home with something.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Also in W.PA. here. We are empty nesters but I work with parents with kids in daycare and elementary school and we have been passing around stuff since the holidays. High fevers, nausea, respiratory. I'm home today with Bronchitis that started last week. Not sure if it is more than usual but it seems relentless.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Seems everyone at work with kids has had the 48 hour toilet camping trashcan hugging bug shortly after their kids had it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Our 8 year old in 3rd grade has been fine. But we do tend to keep her bundled up. Being an only child, she's only around other kids at school.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about starting a thread about just this thing.

I've been sick three times this season; once just before Thanksgiving that last about two weeks. Not terrible, but a nuisance. About two weeks before Christmas I got what I'd call the flu. I was completely out for one whole day. That night took my temp at 101.6, but I'm guessing during the day it could have been close to 103. And just now I'm getting over a more normal head cold with chest congestion.

I'm seriously questioning my immune system.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post