SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with “code tags” (programming related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with “code tags” (programming related) Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
In this post member ensigmatic mentions “code tags”. And demonstrates the result of applying them:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...760035694#3760035694

I’d not previously known of code tags, but, wow! Neato!

I found explanations on the web, but couldn’t make them work in an experimental post. Could someone show me how to reproduce ensigmatic’s simple demonstration in the post I linked above?

In order to make it visible I suggest replacing all left angle brackets with carets. E.g., ^code>, rather than <code>.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Example with CODE tags
for($x = 1; $x <= 10; ++$x) {
    print "Hello, World! ($x)\n";
}

Remove the spaces shown below in the CODE tag.
[ CODE ]
for($x = 1; $x <= 10; ++$x) {
print "Hello, World! ($x)\n";
}
[ /CODE ]

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thank you Patrick. Perfect! The site found by my web search had:
<code>
stuff…
</code>
(Lowercase “code”) but that didn’t work for me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3298 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
BBCode Reference

And I thank you for that as well.

Serious about crackers

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Info is right here on the SIGforum help page. Tools/Help/UBB Code. Not all of the BBCode tags are supported here.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Thank you Henry. I had discovered many of them, but not the
“[ code ]” and “[ /code ]” tags.

And the handy Tools => Help facility had slipped off of my radar screen. SIGforum is such a good resource.

Serious about crackers