SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best place to stay with small kids in Gatliburg close to Ripley’s aquarium??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to stay with small kids in Gatliburg close to Ripley’s aquarium?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wanting to take the boys to Ripley’s Aquarium in Gatlinburg. So looking for a place close to stay.
They are 4,3, and 10 months.
Any other good things to do with little ones??

Any light off road trails that can be handled in a stock 4wd Expedition?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Wanting to take the boys to Ripley’s Aquarium in Gatlinburg. So looking for a place close to stay.
They are 4,3, and 10 months.
Any other good things to do with little ones??

Any light off road trails that can be handled in a stock 4wd Expedition?

Take a look at renting a cabin, we have done it twice...both were very nice. Pricing depends on season....the holidays and when the bears are about

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
There is a hotel right there by the aquarium. Kinda like a best western. Or get a chalet. Call the rental companies/realitor. Several little communities of rentals.
There was no crime to speak of. It's not N.O.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Probably not of any help but....

YEARS ago there was a one way dirt trail, 4x4 "highly recommended" by park officer that started off Cades Cove IIRC. We did it in a Jeep Cherokee and never even used 4WD but it was very dry at the time. Might be worth some research or someone with more recent knowledge might chime in. Problem was getting back around the mountain was a good ways, but a nice drive. It went over towards Fontana Lake IIRC but it was a long time ago.

We also ran several miles, 20 or 30 maybe, of forest or logging road once that was really nice when coming back from Maggie Valley one time. No traffic at all, none. No houses, nothing except banjo music and the forrest. Very windy and tight, up and down. Drop-offs scared the wife, might have been an old logging road but it was gravel mostly, single lane wide. I have no idea how to find it now.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The Aquarium has a pay parking garage to help with parking if you don't get within walking distance.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We stayed in a rental cabin as well. Was off the main drag only about a mile but may as well been in the room very quiet and remote. 6 and 8 year old. Myself and wife and 2 grandparents 3 nights in a VRBO cabin. Saw the aquarium. Also went to a Parrott preserve of some kind that was close also went into the smokies Park.

Posts: 4781 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Don't know the area but I have had been happily using Airbnb a few times. They have always been much better than hotels IMHO. Read the reviews and look at the pictures to make sure you know what you're getting. The reviews are the key.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post