SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shaving and Razor Question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaving and Razor Question. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had completely forgotten about the Schick Injector until I read Chongo's post. Unlike the Gillette Sensor, I see that the SI handle - as well as the blades - is still made and available at Wal-Mart and other places.

As much I like the DE shavers, I miss my old Sensor and TracII shavers and had a Injector before them. Gonna see about rebuilding the inventory of each.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Personna Red blades, $24 for 100. I can easily get 4-5 off a single blade makes the blade cost a nickel per shave.

https://www.amazon.com/Personn...id=1634867588&sr=8-2

What ever soap or cream you like, Cremo works great if you lather with a brush

Can get a decent handle for $15-$20 buck or an adjustable one for $25 or so. Parker, Merkur are bigger name brands, but I’ve been impressed with value of China made Weishi for cheap handle

https://www.amazon.com/Weishi-...id=1634866214&sr=8-5

Semogue 620 brush $25

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Set for a year+ for $70, than $10 or so a year for blades if you are shaving 2-3 times a week.

“Consumables” (cream, afterhshave, etc.) not included

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
quote:
I was in Costco yesterday and they had an orange box of Harry's with 13 blades and a handle. I've not tried theirs before but figured for $19.99 it was worth a try.

I got the Harry's kit at Costco in an effort to get away from the Gillette stuff. It is several steps above Gillette and I won't look back.

Did not get my Harry’s kit at Costco. Ordered mine as a $3.00 starter kit with free shipping. I figured if I didn’t like it, very little investment. Still using Harry’s years later. Don’t plan to change unless they sell out. I did get concerned when Gillette was possibly buying them out. Glad that it fell through. Agree that it is far better for me than anything that I tried from Gillette.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Go to Badger and Blade forum and look around for ideas.

I use a Karve razor and like Gillette Nacet blades. Sterling soaps are nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have a "full beard" (chuckle) so shaving is a once every few days thing. I bought a Merkur Futura razor, I like the heft. I use Feather blades; and for soap I use Proraso Refresh. I've got the badger brush and a stainless cup to whip up the lather.
My wife says it's clear to her that shaving is now fun for me.
For a while I was beardless; this system still worked fine, I wouldn't go back to the multiple-blade razors.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post