SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California will become 1st state to ban retail sale of dogs and cats
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California will become 1st state to ban retail sale of dogs and cats Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
Sell them wholesale.

Problem solved.

This guy's going places. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Poop in the streets, schools that are failing, infrastructure that's crumbling, tent cities like the third world, and the useless fuckers in Sacramento are wasting time on goddamn dogs and cats. Thanks assholes.

Can't disagree with that. I couldn't have said it any better. Smile

It will be a lot more interesting in the next few years.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
Is there any Legal in Cali ? Everything seemed be be Banned.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
Assholes and invaders

Posts: 107664 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Anyone wanting to lay out the cash for a pure bred won't have a problem, probably won't be any more expensive either. Buy them on the net and have them flown in. I've had dogs flown in from NJ and even Russia once.

Greyhounds are doomed, their owners are morons and consider them nothing more than a commodity. If they don't produce they are killed. I have a friend that worked for a local vet that used to euthanize them. She said the back room would be stacked with dead dogs. I never saw it but believe her. I live very close to a dog track, drive by their large kennel every day.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
bigdeal, I was just countering the statement that retail sales of pets would end--I wasn't suggesting that it was a solution or that it would make much of a difference. I expect Californians desiring a special or pedigreed pet will simply drive to Oregon, Nevada, or Arizona and get one there--AFAIK importation has not been outlawed.

FWIW, all of my 6 indoor cats were born in or near my back yard to feral queens (one of which still comes to my yard every day).

flashguy
What would stop someone just outside of California from setting up a nice website selling their puppy mill animals and shipping them to their buyers in California? 'Or', setup a bogus address and phone number in Arizona associated with your website, sell online, and continue to unite buyers with their puppies at their current California address as usual. That's inter-state commerce and outside the control of the nitwits in Sacramento. My ultimate point is these fascist assholes and their blood lust to control everything have accomplished exactly nothing with this stupid legislation.

You don’t need any of that at least if the article is accurate. It applies to retail sale of animals in a bricks and mortal pet store. At least according to the article, the big effect of the law will be on the pet stores, not on the puppy mills.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:

<stoned voice> Weed is legal duuuuude <stoned voice>

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I lived in California (1965-1969, in USAF) I was told it was a "statue law state", which was explained to me that everything was legal unless there was a specific law to ban it. That is why there are so many "anti" laws in California.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post