SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New tool-watch on the block - Canister Fieldmaster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New tool-watch on the block - Canister Fieldmaster Login/Join 
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
It’s made in Hong Kong, final QC and assembly in Canada. I emailed Chris last night with that question and a couple other. He replied promptly and I will hopefully purchase one from him shortly

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hbabler:
It’s made in Hong Kong, final QC and assembly in Canada. I emailed Chris last night with that question and a couple other. He replied promptly and I will hopefully purchase one from him shortly

YAY!!!

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's a good looking watch.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that kinda sucks.

I understand Honk Kong (the people of Hong Kong) are doing all they can to remain somewhat independent of mainland China, but I suspect any an all profits being generated have a portion of them going into the pocket of the CCP.

I was looking at eventually buying a couple of these, 1 for myself, 1 for my brother, and one for my adult nephew (with another nephew turning 18 in 4 years...).

Going to have to think on this a little. I am sure 100% onshoring for a startup is tough and I would love to see another tool watch company become a major player.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 1... It arrived today. Need to size the bracelet and then I will take some pictures. It is a solid feeling and very nice looking watch.

Got the bad taste of it being partially made in Hong Kong by purchasing 2 other watches. The American made 2022 - Titanium (X1D Gen 2) SR-35 Diver Automatic Watch from CountyComm (movement made in Japan) and a Orient "Triton Lite" that was 100% made in Japan.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Thanks, tac! I thought about it for awhile and ordered one today.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post