SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caption This Towing Picture
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caption This Towing Picture Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Hope that's a Grade 8 bolt and nut

Sure doesn't look like it to me. Looks like either a grade 5, or more likely a zinc plated grade nothing. As mentioned above, that is not the biggest problem though...

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That's what you get when you take your truck to Camping World for a hitch installation.

The only part that is correct is the lock.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Using a flat washer where a lock washer is clearly needed.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweety....Why don't you take a nap in the trailer while I drive? It's so comfy back there.

I've seen this workmanship before. Definitely an Indiana transplant.

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
That right there is the Tony Harding of trailer hitches. Wink

It'll get both your knees. Big Grin

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The pic was posted in a Canadian offroad forum and a lot of Canadians winter in Arizona. Might've found a Canadian redneck running loose in the USA.

LOL! I would swear that was the work of Red Green but there is no duct tape so maybe not.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5742 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually that looks downright safe compared to this:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
So instead of dropping a $12 ball in the hole the factory bumper provides, you spend $90 on that accident waiting to happen.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
The screwdriver doing duty as the hitch shear pin is what first got my attention. ¡Ay Carumba!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
The screwdriver doing duty as the hitch shear pin is what first got my attention. ¡Ay Carumba!

I think that's a locking hitch pin, not a screwdriver....but it doesn't really make it any better, lol. The first time this guy applies the brakes in a turn, things are gonna get real interesting real fast. That is, if he makes it that far!

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Jeff Foxworthy goes camping.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Ingenuity - for those times when you have everything you almost need......

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The guy's got nuts and balls.

Posts: 10974 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The pic was posted in a Canadian offroad forum and a lot of Canadians winter in Arizona. Might've found a Canadian redneck running loose in the USA.

In the winter months, 3/4 of the AZ population IS canadian.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
"It'll be fine, did it all the time when I lived in Minnetonka, MN."

Mind you this is where I saw a boat trailer chained to the spare tire of a Grand Am. Guy wasn't concerned in the least, "I'm just going to the lake, it'll ride."

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5153 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Well the good news is the 2 7/16" ball was not up to bat.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I want to see him back that rig up.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Kind of the reverse of using an anti-sway hitch set up.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
There are lots of examples of homemade hitches that amuse me. Here's one of my favorites:

Posts: 1828 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post