SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP, Terry Jones.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP, Terry Jones. Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-terry-jones-dead-77

Frown

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He’s just pining for the fjords! Frown

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam!
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Farewell, Sir Bedevere.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace. I like his comedy and enjoyed his historical programs even more.

Posts: 1756 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I never understood MP comedy.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8364 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It was a particularly British way of comedy that most here in UK enjoyed - some more than others.

I was one that did.

I guess that it's the same in the USA, some almost revere the MP stuff, some just never will 'get it'.

Like Ricky Gervaise, some love him and others, well, just don't.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
RIP Arthur "2 sheds" Jackson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
“SHUT UP! Bloody Vikings!”

RIP Mr. Jones.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mr. Creosote has eaten his last mint.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
John Cleese said, "two down, four to go" Love Monty Python.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Sad news. He and the rest of the Pythons are responsible for my strange sense of humor. He will be missed.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

You have to be in the mood for it......or high on pain meds. I never appreciated Monty Python until recovering from an accident and in the stratosphere with pain meds back in 84. Now Mrs DF and I quote holy grail lines frequently. I hated Napoleon Dynamite initially too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Sad news, when the world loses a Python.

Joining that great cast ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
RIP. I will miss him. He brought myrth to my life and countless others. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

You have to be in the mood for it......or high on pain meds. I never appreciated Monty Python until recovering from an accident and in the stratosphere with pain meds back in 84. Now Mrs DF and I quote holy grail lines frequently. I hated Napoleon Dynamite initially too.

I learned of them in high school from a friend that had an album or 2,

I've probably seen every movie and most skits more times than I can count,

my middle niece, who likes most things British, had no idea who they were, so I corrected that by having her sit down and watch the Holy Grail with me one night,

she got it after that,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
"It's just a flesh wound." Huge source of joy in my earlier life.

RIP ...

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
RIP Terry. Farewell, Monsieur Creosote.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Terry Jones.

quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I learned of them in high school from a friend that had an album or 2,

I've probably seen every movie and most skits more times than I can count,

my middle niece, who likes most things British, had no idea who they were, so I corrected that by having her sit down and watch the Holy Grail with me one night,

she got it after that,

I was a huge fan of theirs in high school during the mid to late 70s, at a time when SNL was making its mark on TV. Their Flying Circus TV show was on PBS at the time, and I never missed watching it.

In the late 70s, I went to see a special screening of the Holy Grail at Caltech and it was insane; an auditorium filled with nerdy Caltech Monty Python fans screaming and laughing throughout the film.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Love those guys

“ African or European?”

HK Ag

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post