SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kevin Costner's amazing speech to The British Armed Forces
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kevin Costner's amazing speech to The British Armed Forces Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I do not know the reason or context for this speech, but I do like it very much. Nice work, Kevin Costner, really nice work:

ETA:

He was filming a movie over there and was simply inspired.

http://news.sky.com/story/kevi...tish-troops-10387122

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12322 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic.

How long before someone posts in here what a liberal !@##$%$^%^&*&* he is?

Everything he said was true and honorable.
I admire the guys and endorse his message.

Posts: 245 | Registered: April 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
It's from 2014.

Here is a news story about it: http://www.itv.com/news/2014-1...e-to-british-forces/

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
First time I have heard it. Awesome.

I ran across the Brits in the mid '90's and holy cow we thought they were nuts Smile. Of course they said the same about us but when we invited them to a weekend in Palm Springs we learned they really were crazy. They loved to fight. God Bless the Royal Marine Commandos lol. I didn't run into them again until about five years ago. Yup, just like I remembered. We had a couple of their patrols spend the night in our COP and they were as outspoken and fearless as I remembered them.

I was driving an M1 on the tarmac at Bastion one day, getting it positioned to load on the C17 that should have been arriving, when out of no where lots of Brits with lots of firepower showed up (the Brits ran Bastion). Apparently our ride was delayed and Prince Harry was landing, in secret. Could have fooled me lol. We parked the tank in the 'ready' lot and watched. I like Prince Harry. He's a warrior.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The same respect and gratitude is due those who serve in the Armed Forces of the United States.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've long considered Kevin Costner to be completely full of shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The same respect and gratitude is due those who serve in the Armed Forces of the United States.

Very nice and heartwarming speech.
It would be nice to hear speeches like this more often AND to our OWN here in the USA.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been on British bases, served on one for a while. Those fellas are the real deal, and most of us yanks have no idea that the Brits sent over all of their advanced technology during WW2 and we built and benefited on it while keeping it safe for them and away from the Nazis.

I guess I'd feel better about this if there wasn't some fake trumpet in the background, (although it made it seem much more heartfelt) and if Costner wasn't reading it, and lastly, if he wasn't filming on a British base at the time.

As if he needed some co-operation to get the film permit. Sorry, I'm just jaded.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post