SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disgusting NY DEMs kill Gold Star aid bill but pass same for illegal aliens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disgusting NY DEMs kill Gold Star aid bill but pass same for illegal aliens Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
This disgrace makes me sick. Frown

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...on-illegals-instead/

New York Democrats Kill Bill for Tuition for Gold Star Families, Pass Tuition for Illegals Instead

Democrats in New York killed a proposal for tuition assistance for children of veterans killed in battle and instead approved a bill to give illegals free tuition.

The New York Republican Party slammed the Democrats on Twitter saying, “Democrats just rejected tuition assistance for Gold Star families but approved it for illegal immigrants. Would these Democrats dare to look into the eyes of the children of fallen servicemen and women and say they matter less than those here illegally?”

Empire State Democrats quashed a bill on Tuesday that would have provided free tuition for Gold Star families that had lost a child killed in the line of duty in service to the country.

“The Assembly’s Higher Education Committee voted 15 to 11 to hold the bipartisan bill, effectively ending its chances of making it to a floor vote this session,” according to Syracuse.com.

But the move comes only a week after the same legislature passed a $175 billion state budget that contained $27 million to give free tuition to illegal aliens.

“It’s disgraceful,” Republican Assemblyman Gary Finch said after the Gold Star bill was shelved, “Soldiers who lay down their lives and make the ultimate sacrifice represent the best of us. The children they love so dearly deserve access to the opportunity and promise that is the hallmark of this country. I can’t imagine what’s in your heart when you vote ‘no’ on a bill like this.”

Republican Assemblyman Will Barclay slammed the Democrats for being petty and insisting that the Democrats killed the Gold Star tuition proposal merely because they didn’t want Steve Hawley, the Republican who introduced it, to get a win.

“We get so caught up in majority and minority issues here, we can’t see the forest through the trees,” Barclay said. “I don’t know how they don’t justify this.”

Barclay added that the number of students who would qualify for the tuition assistance would be few in number, especially compared to the number of illegals who will get free college.

Democrats refused to comment on the situation.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to work harder at getting out of this shithole.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Another talking point for 2020; middle Americans hardly need any more reasons to vote out these vile pieces of shit, but apparently some constituents are just as bad as the people they vote for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How about "gold stars" of a sort for victims of crime perpetrated by illegals? (rhetorical)

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
WTF?

This one leaves me speechless. There is no bottom for these disgusting shit bags

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The mind that alters, alters all.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You cannot convince me that the demonrat party is nothing but evil.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
That's the democrat party - anti military, anti LEO, America haters.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Expect nothing less from a state governor and legislature the promotes and sponsors abortion tourism. Ny has lost its way...

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is nothing worse than a New York democrat politician and the ilk that vote for them. AND YES, THE ILK THAT VOTE FOR THEM!! These POS really need to be sent to Cuba, Venezuela, N Korea, or China where I believe they will be extremely happier than here in the USA.
I have to ask any New Yorkers out there, Why do the people of New York vote for these people?? Please enlighten me???
Maybe New York can join California and succeed from the union? If so, please take, NJ, CT, MA, IL, MD, DC and every other democrat SH*T Hole with you! Personally, I am so sick and tired of these and every other F'n democrat.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
They are a complete disgrace to this country. Voting them out isn’t enough.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yet New York allows Medicaid covered transgender surgery for free to ANYONE who wants it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Democrats in NY run all but unopposed. Every time there's a "race" for governor, it's a case of "Who?" Someone nobody's ever heard of, who doesn't stand a chance. True Republican politicians are few and far between. The party gave up on NY long ago.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post