SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawn Turf Kill And Reseed Process?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawn Turf Kill And Reseed Process? Login/Join 
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
For the size lawn that you are talking about, I wouldn't mess around with reseeding, I would just get sod. I would scalp the grass that you have as low as you can possibly mow it and then scratch up the lawn by tilling it a couple inches deep. I would till it twice, at 90 degree angles and then make sure that it's good and level and add topsoil as needed to make sure it's level. Then just buy a pallet of sod, install it and water the crap out of it. It probably won't cost any more and will be way easier. I did a very similar process at my old rental house with about the same amount of grass and it worked out extremely well. The lawn at my new house that we built has been a work in progress for the last 5 years since we built the house, and if we weren't talking about an acre of total finished mowing grass then I would have bought sod a long time ago.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post