SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coke vs Pepsi vs RC Cola
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coke vs Pepsi vs RC Cola Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Before I gave up soft drinks , I was hitting the Cherry Pepsi pretty hard ...

Posts: 4063 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I drink soda, Mexican Coke is it. I haven't seen RC for years.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Growing up in the South…if it was a “soft drink” you called it a “Coke”

Texas is the same way.

“You want a Coke?”

“Sure.”

“Coke, Sprite, or Dr. Pepper?”

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Growing up in New England any soda was called a “tonic”. When someone asked you if you wanted a tonic it was assumed it was a Coke. Back in he late 80’s my cousin visited from Duluth, MN. I remember we were heading to the theater to watch “Batman” and my mom asked if any of us wanted a tonic. My cousin asked what was a tonic. My mom showed a Coke can and the cousin said that was a pop. I had never heard the term. WTF was a pop. It was a tonic.

God I miss the beach, a can of Tab, and Nilla wafers…

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In Michigan in the1940s-1950s, generic word for carbonated drinks was "pop" or "sodapop".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I grew up poor. I never carried big bucks, or even minor change. Coke just cost more and offered very little advantage to me. So my choice was economic, with coke being a 6oz bottle, pepsi being in a 12 oz, and RC being 16 oz. I just went with the 16 oz RC. For the same dime, I could have more or less. Less was stupid, particularly in the summer.

Say you and the guys were out playing baseball in the hot sun. Then went up to the store, which required a hike up our road, down a side street, then a cut through the woods on a paved path, then across the main road, down a grassy slope, across another road to the deli. Johnny Schmidt had to carry 2 dimes, for 2 cokes. But really a quarter for the deposits. Because we'd pass our house, I'd jump into the garage for an empty (that I'd found along the roadside). The owner of the place was "Ray". It was kind of fun to see how it played out, but the same every time. Johnny needed the 12 oz of coke, so he'd get them and paid with the quarter. He'd get a penny back and 4 more when he turned in his empties. Hank and the other guys would pay their dime, with some paying the 2 cent deposit. Not me. I'd pay my dime and hand over my empty. I had enough RC to last most of the way home. It was 16 oz after all. It would often last long enough for me to jump in the house and put what was left in the fridge. Johnny carried and empty in each hand.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I like the cheapest cola possible for some reason. I prefer store brand to name brand.

So, RC Cola, then Coke. Pepsi is undrinkable swine piss.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post