SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coke vs Pepsi vs RC Cola
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coke vs Pepsi vs RC Cola Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I don’t mind Pepsi when that’s what an establishment serves, I prefer Coke.

Coca-Cola briefly offered “Coke C2” a few years back, an offering with half the sugar or something like that. I really liked it; alas, the product didn’t survive.

I’ve not had RC Cola since childhood; it just sort of fell off my personal radar over time.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
RC was light years better when they were using cane sugar instead of corn syrup.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34394 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Quit drinking it for a few months, then give your test another try. For years, I drank Mountain Dew. Started when I was in college to keep me awake, then at work every morning. It was like like shaking an addiction. No thanks!

I've been on a Keto based diet for about 10 months not that is heavy on the veggies and nearly no carbs. I've dropped almost 90 lbs in that time frame too. I LOVE PIZZA! However, I can't have it. The only place around me that makes a Keto pizza is Donatos. Last night for the first time in 10 months I tried one little square of my kids pepperoni pizza with the normal crust. It tasted awful! It seriously tasted like I was eating raw flour. I don't think I will ever go back to a "normal" diet again.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3648 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
And perfectly preserved !
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
I drink 2 liters of Pepsi a day.

And you are still alive?!? Wink

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Dr. Pepper. Wink

Posts: 9406 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasions I drink the stuff: Coke.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Agree. Coke, RC and no thanks.

Same here! If I knew where to get Mexican Coke, I'd probably like that best, but regular American Coke is my "go to" for sodas, followed very closely by A&W Root Beer, the Mt. Dew.

Pepsi??? Hell no; tastes like crap to me!

'Mexican' Coke is sold at WalMart, probably elsewhere too, but it's definitely available there. It comes in old school Glass Bottles, and is made with the 'old school' recipe using Real Sugar! Wink

Thanks! Have 2 Wal-Marts within a few miles of the house, so will be visiting one later today to look for MexiCoke! Big Grin

Posts: 4779 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
"RC and a Moon Pie" used to be a classic Southern snack.

Yep... raised in Alabama, I grew up on them!

Posts: 4779 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had RC cola in years, maybe decades. I pretty much only drink diet soda (rarely a real gingerale).

Diet Pepsi for me, always. I do admit, I dislike diet Coke less over time, such that it is an acceptable subsititute for Pepsi.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I don't drink soda very often but my order is:

COKE

RC COLA

PEPSI (honestly I'd rather just drink water)

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live down the road from a local bottler that makes their own cola's in traditional glass bottles. Beats the hell out of Coke or Pepsi.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Diehard Pepsi drinking for many many years

then stopped,
dropped weight, and stayed off all the fizzy sugar soft drinks (save the random ginger ale) for years,

now, cannot stand the taste of pepsi, I have gotten back into the habit of a Coke a day,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
As I expected, Coke tasted the best to me, followed up by RC then Pepsi last. I’ve never been much of a fan of Pepsi all my life.

What’s your favorite of the three?

Your conclusion matches mine. Haven't had a soda in quite a while, but a Coke would be my first choice of the 3 options here.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I took the Pepsi challenge in the 80s. I picked the Pepsi.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Costco here carries Mexican Coke, that's my favorite (don't care for the regular Coke) followed by Pepsi. People who don't know about it tend to raise their eyebrows when I mention that I need to get some more Mexican Coke. Big Grin

Posts: 7400 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Mexican Coke? Sounds like a real pick-me-up.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I was one of those even as a teen did NOT like Coke. Due to personal health matters dropped any soda pop anything well over 30 years ago.

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I don't drink those soda pops either,for me its milk or Deer park spring water.
None of that filter manufactured water

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mexican Coke in a glass bottle > *

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Dr Pepper here.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post