SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fridge recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fridge recommendation Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall from earlier threads over the past couple years that Samsung and LG should be avoided?

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
had a 5 year old Samsung 27 cubic French door fridge that we hated, friggin ice maker was terrible then started freezing under the veggie draw,rusted out components behing the center back panel. Fixed it by putting a piece of coat hanger attached to the heater wire and down the drain pipe. Got a new LG now. Ice maker works ok thou if you have a large family the ice bucket is not large.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
We have a new Bosch. It’s just okay. French door style and I’m now convinced that this style sucks for spitting out ice cubes no matter what brand. Also things in the back of the fridge are freezing on me. The layout inside isn’t the best either. My girlfriend wishes she had her Samsung back from the condo she sold. But it was only 2 years old so she hadn’t any issues yet.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a 4 year old LG that we love the size and features of, but it is scheduled to have its third compressor installed on LG's dime next week. They have stood behind their product I will give them that. Still is a huge pain to stuff everything into our second fridge in the basement. By the way that one is an 11 year old Whirlpool that has never given us a lick of trouble.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I see that everyone else here has had terrible issues with their Samsung fridges, but I have had the total opposite experience.

I'm in the same boat as you. Our Samsung is 11(?) years old and hasn't given us a single issue.

One thing I did insist on to the wife was that ice maker would NOT be plumbed to the water supply. If I want ice out of the dispenser, I buy a bag and pour it in. (the bin holds about a 10# bag)
Peoria, AZ water is shit just like most of the SW USA.
Lava is rock liquified by heat. SW USA water is liquified rock w/o the heat. I've replaced sprinkler heads & valves, inside faucets, outside spigots and even spray nozzles on hoses all because the water destroys anything it touches.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post