SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For anyone who has ever had a pet go missing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For anyone who has ever had a pet go missing Login/Join 
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Great video! The cat is probably thinking "why is this human leaking?" Big Grin

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
That's a cool video Para. Thanks for posting it. Made my day.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Those are tears of joy if I’ve ever seen them! Thanks for that, very cool!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
That made my day...besides the embarrassment of a 70 yr old crying.

We had a cat go missing for eleven day during the Montana winter. Amazingly showed up one night , WELL after we figured a bobcat or coyote got him.

At age 68 I am right there with you.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Seven months? Wow!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Awesome. That's raw reaction right there.

Totally get it. I cried like a child when my dog got put down. It was so hard. Totally lost control of myself, at 29 years old.

My buddys bulldog just drowned in the pool last night. Found him floating. They are crushed over it.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Dang hay fever acting up again.

Yours too?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bump for the pet owners of the world

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just watched it again. So heartwarming. Thanks for the bump, para.

Had to laugh. At first the cat's going along with it, givin' the kid a few affectionate licks and so-on, then you can see where he's thinkin' "Ok, enough is enough. Lemme go."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son had his kitty go missing for about a month because he f'd up and didn't make sure Kramer was in when he went to bed. The cat showed up on our front porch so the wifey let's the cat in. When Stefan got home from school and saw Kramer he cried like a baby. Dang, I wish I would have been there Frown Thanks for posting that Para, it brought a tear to my eye.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Awesome. That's raw reaction right there.

Totally get it. I cried like a child when my dog got put down. It was so hard. Totally lost control of myself, at 29 years old.

My buddys bulldog just drowned in the pool last night. Found him floating. They are crushed over it.
I just recently held one of my indoor cats while he was euthanized. I cried uncontrolably. I'm over it now, but could not watch that video (yet). I'm happy for the boy and his cat, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
jeez. cried the first time I saw it and cried again.

Boo showed up on our porch one Halloween night with a can of food. We took her in because she was all black. She refused to be an indoor cat. After a year she disappeared for a few months. Then one day while walking with my kids, Boo ran up to us and we all cried. Some lady came out and said that's her Gracie. Boo followed us back home.

It's now 20 years later and Boo has become so much a part of my youngest's (13) life and she's not doing very well. Frown I dread what's coming up. We've have pets pass before but she's his little buddy.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have a very smart now two year old English mastiff named George...last year, actually a year ago this Week, we rented a house on the outer banks of NC right near the beach, and took him with us.

There is a water park there and I promised my kids we would go so that Wednesday, we got up, locked George in the house, and left about 9 for breakfast and to head to the park

When we got home around 5 pm, George was sitting in the driveway by the door to my truck. I have no idea how long he was out or where he had been The front door was one of those handle doors where it locked from the outside but had no dead bolt, and he had opened it, presumably, to find us

I will admit just the thought of how close I was to losing him brought tears to my eyes. I had emergency open spine surgery last Easter Sunday, and George got me through some fairly dark times in my life. I should have named him shadow. He goes everywhere I do.

If I lost him for 8 months and then found him I’d be 10 times as emotional as this kid.

Thank you for sharing it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

very smart . . . English mastiff
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Jesse Mastiff was four and a half when we lost him to cancer. The big clown showed no sign of having grown a brain.

My wife and I cried for days. He was the most loyal friend that we could have asked for.

The only time that he did not act like a total buffoon was when he thought that the family, especially my wife or one of the kids, needed to be protected.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
George is my third mastiff and is, by leaps and bounds, the smartest of the trio. We still have Zoey, a 10 year old female, who is as sweet and loyal as the day is long, but is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Our house has lever door handles, and he can open them either way. If he is headed the way the door swings open, he bumps it with his nose and pushes the door in, if he needs to pull the door open he grabs the handle with his teeth until it’s disengaged, then puts his nose in the crack and pries it open

When I’m hanging out in our basement and he doesn’t want to go upstairs to his water bowl he gets in the bathtub and turns the water on

after he got our of the house at the beach last year I went to Lowe’s and replaced the door handles in the master bedroom to door knobs that turn. Even then, he tries to twist them but can’t get enough torque to work them

Mastiffs are as big and goofy as movies have portrayed, but they are the most loving and loyal companions I’ve ever had. Far more so than the shepherds, malnois and daschunds i grew up with

I’m sorry you lost Jessie. I’m sure she is playing with Cooley Mastiff over the rainbow bridge

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

very smart . . . English mastiff
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Jesse Mastiff was four and a half when we lost him to cancer. The big clown showed no sign of having grown a brain.

My wife and I cried for days. He was the most loyal friend that we could have asked for.

The only time that he did not act like a total buffoon was when he thought that the family, especially my wife or one of the kids, needed to be protected.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We had a rescue collie that was about 6 when a mule scared the crap out of him and sent him running off into the woods. About 4 months later, we got a call from a guy who had ‘Skip’ about 15 miles away. He was a mess and skinny but he was sure happy when we got him home.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4232 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
it's amazing how you get so attached to animals, they truly are a part of the family unit. My cat and I have a special bond honestly never thought it was possible.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Just wow.

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
My cat used to be an outdoor indoor cat, but at 14 with health issues I watch him carefully when I let him out in the back yard that I’ve fixed so he can’t get out and I go out with him. When he was younger he was constantly getting locked in somebodies shed or garage cause he’d sneak in without them seeing him, but I always managed to find him the next day. On those nights I did not sleep well at all. I can’t imagine him disappearing for longer than a day.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brought back quite a memory for me. Made my hayfever play up for sure.

When I was younger we had a tabby chum. One day, my dimwitted older sister left a window open on the street and she (cat, not sister, more's the pity) disappeared. I remember walking around for days, looking under cars, calling to her, worrying about how scared she'd be (a totally indoor cat). Eventually I had to stop looking....could have killed my sister...
One fine day, about 10 months later, my mum was taking out the garbage when this skinny, oil-covered moggie went up to her with an "oh hai, I'm back" attitude!
She wasn't even sure that it was her (the cat was).
I had already left for school and when I got home there was nobody there...except for Tabs - I don't remember, but I think I did blub somewhat when I found her asleep on my bed!
She was with us for a few more years until a kidney infection took her at age 13.

She was a good cat.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post