SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My local mom and pop BBQ joint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My local mom and pop BBQ joint Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
Truely a mom and pop hole in the wall, and the awesome food that goes with it. I've been going there so long my 30 year old son was going there back when he was in diapers.

They just started a new special on Tuesdays, tell your server “God bless America” and get a second dinner at half price.

Like I needed another reason to go there. Big Grin

Link to their facebook page

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great place like to be a able to try it sometime!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is this place? I'm always on the lookout for a good BBQ joint when on my way down to Tampa from NJ

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
Where is this place? I'm always on the lookout for a good BBQ joint when on my way down to Tampa from NJ
I owe you, re the OS X server! If you route past Apopka, I'll spring for lunch at Porky's. Then it's just a couple minutes to the toll road, which will give you a straight shot to Tampa.

Give me a heads-up prior to your next trip.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/CottensBarbecueJax/

Better link to their Facebook page

Theres also a Fred Cottons BBQ, however from the OP link I think this is the one he's referencing.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Awesome tip! I am going to check this place out when I drive my daughter to Jacksonville University in a few weeks!

She will start shooting for them on their shooting team.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
https://www.facebook.com/CottensBarbecueJax/

Better link to their Facebook page

Theres also a Fred Cottons BBQ, however from the OP link I think this is the one he's referencing.

That is the main page link. I had posted the link to the page with the god bless america special.

The Fred Cotton bbq in Jax (on main street) was his dad's place from way back.It was the best place in town for ribs. Dad dies 20 some years ago and evil stepmom has had the place open and closed a bunch over the years and ran it into the dirt. Fred jr has had his place out in Arlington for about 30 years now. Great ribs and the best pork in town (I am a little biased)

Evil stepmom just sold the name to a group which
has opened up a new restaurant but does not have any connection the the original business.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Awesome tip! I am going to check this place out when I drive my daughter to Jacksonville University in a few weeks!

Cottons is almost in walking distance from JU. depending how you come into town you may drive by it on your way there. I live about 7 miles from JU and Cottons in on my way there.

JU is quite the jump for a Wisconsin girl.

Let me know when you are dropping her off and lunch is on me. If you need any local information or anything let me know. I would be more than happy to give her my contact info in case she needs anything while she is here.

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check it out, my kids live in Jax and I'm up there frequently so we'll see if its that good.!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

Cottons is almost in walking distance from JU. depending how you come into town you may drive by it on your way there. I live about 7 miles from JU and Cottons in on my way there.

JU is quite the jump for a Wisconsin girl.

Let me know when you are dropping her off and lunch is on me. If you need any local information or anything let me know. I would be more than happy to give her my contact info in case she needs anything while she is here.

Yes, it will be a culture shock but I did not want to limit her as to where she can go to school. Most of her friends’ parents only allowed them 3 to 5 hours max. She asked me what was her max distance. and I said she doesn’t have one. She narrowed it down to Iowa schools, one in Maryland, and JU. We will be down ther the last weekend of August.

She is a little sad as she is an all around shooter. Shotgun sports, pistol, and rifles. JU only has the shotgun sports. She was the top female in this years Top Gun competition. They combined your shotgun sports scores with your place in pistol and rifle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beanhead,

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Won't be long before some libtard goes in and demand s a 1/2 price 2nd dinner but refuses to say God Bless America - and then sues the joint.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post