SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yuengling beer gift
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yuengling beer gift Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Yuengling has often been mentioned in these pages but the Pennsylvania beer isn't available in flyover country.

A co-worker of my son's just took delivery of 19 cases a friend brought him from back East. He gave one to my son to gift me for Father's Day.

Reminds me of decades ago when Coors couldn't be had back East and folks would bring cases back with them from visits out west.

Chilling a few cans now and looking forward to tasting what all the accolades have been about. Smile

Oh and I understand Coors plans on brewing and distributing Yuengling in the mid-west soon. We'll see.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nice! Looking forward to a review.

A little disappointed - I thought you were going to karma some off after reading the thread title. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yuengling is good stuff!

I’m a fan of the one beer by them served on draft at the Reading Phillies minor league stadium not far from us. It’s a lager with mango flavor and is a really good one on a hot day. Bongo Fizz

Did you know they are America’s oldest operating brewery?

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Did you know they are America’s oldest operating brewery?

Yup... being originally from back East I knew that. Many others like Genesee and Utica Club still are brewing with a founding year not that long after Yuengling.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
All the readily available varieties (Traditional Lager, Golden Pilsner, Black & Tan and Flight) have been (in ascending order) very good to excellent.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My go to brew.....brewery is 20 minutes north of me.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So those out west get In and Out burgers and fries. Out east we get Yeungling. Have a continuous 12 pack in my fridge, and always get a nice cold pint when we go out to diner.

Smile

Posts: 1085 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I recently watched a video of a German man that moved to the USA and how he was disappointed with american beer.

Then he tried a Yuengling Lager and literally cried that he finally found an american beer, that actually tastes like beer (or bier in german).

I must also say it's my favorite american beer followed up by Landshark which is my summer time lightweight beer.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4582 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Bald1, I had two Yeungling this afternoon on the river. I'll claim that one of those was for you. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13905 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
And here I thought it was a karma. Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"Sumbitch!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is nice, Happy Fathers day Bald1. Enjoy the cold ones.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It's good stuff. Nothing like Coors which is a very light beer.

Posts: 9833 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Great beer. I can’t get it in NM, either.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Introduced to Yuengling about 10 years ago and I enjoy it very much. Great flavor at popular prices.

Not available here in Colorado, unfortunately. When travelling east of the Mississippi I make a point of looking for it, and usually bring home a case or two.

At home I get by with Stella Artois or Sam Adams depending on what sounds best when I open the refrigerator.

Life is too short for what passes as beer to the general public.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1110 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
My "go-to" beer. Traditional Lager. Bald 1 I will swap you for Leinenkugel beer- Red or dark Lager!
They only sell their Shandy crap here.

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that they had a brewing relationship with Coors. Interesting things you learn on this site.
It has become my go to beer to have on hand.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Their Hershey's chocolate beer is really good, too. They don't add sugar to it after brewing like many other brewers do.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I recently watched a video of a German man that moved to the USA and how he was disappointed with american beer.

Then he tried a Yuengling Lager and literally cried that he finally found an american beer, that actually tastes like beer (or bier in german).

I must also say it's my favorite american beer followed up by Landshark which is my summer time lightweight beer.

When we were down in Orlando at Universal at the Cabana Bay resort, they had these pool bars and all of them had Yuegling Lager on draft. In fact, it’s everywhere in Florida and I found out they actually make it down there as well as in Pennsylvania.

I got talking to the bartender about it, and he said the British tourists there loved that stuff because it reminded them so much of the beer back home in their pubs.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yuengling came into the Missouri market at about the same time Bud Light was imploding.
Fortunate timing!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post