SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mississippi river museum in Dubuque
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mississippi river museum in Dubuque Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone been to this place, would you recommend it ?

https://www.rivermuseum.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I wasn’t impressed. Our 6th grade classes go every year, but there is also a lesson/unit tied to the visit.

We took our own kids there a few years back and I left disappointed. Maybe things have changed, but it was so-so.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Five Sullivan Bros. museum in Waterloo immensely.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was underwhelmed.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't been for several years but I agree with above posts.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
The steamboat Arabia museum in Kansas City is great.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We were there last month. I hadn't been there in probably 6 or 7 years before. They didn't have the salt water aquarium and sting rays back then. For Iowa, its a decent enough attraction. It pales in comparison to the free St. Louis Zoo or Science Center or even the pretty expensive Omaha Zoo. Its decent enough for kids, but they also enjoy the completely free John Deere Pavilion (climb on tractors in a showroom) in Moline or the Kenze Innovation Center west of the QC on I-80 (tractor and implement museum and play with some toy ones).

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Dig

...but they also enjoy the completely free John Deere Pavilion (climb on tractors in a showroom) in Moline or the Kenze Innovation Center west of the QC on I-80 (tractor and implement museum and play with some toy ones).

If you're in the IA/IL Quad Cities try to visit the Rock Island Arsenal, with a nice museum plus a Corps of Engineers visitor center at Lock & Dam 15. The down side: The museum has limited hours and getting on the island is a PITA (not traffic, security issues) but it's doable if you plan ahead.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your taking the time to respond

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post