SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who drinks Sake?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who drinks Sake? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Recently became interested in Sake, I have only tried it once , too long ago to remember what it tasted like.
In Charlottesville, Va this week, and went by North American Sake Brewery, the only Sake brewery in Virginia. It is also a nice Japanese restaurant, but didn't open until 4pm, which I was there earlier and couldn't stay to eat.
I purchased two bottles, one for a friend, and one for myself. Filtered and unfiltered. I kept the unfiltered bottle. I was recently reading a out how Sake is made, and it intrigued me. The distiller at NASB I talked to, said they got the special rice from Kentucky & Louisiana.
I haven't tried it yet, but will pretty soon.
I bought the Big Baby and Real Magic.

Any Sake drinkers in the Forum?http://www.pourmeone.com/docs/...Sample-DrinkMenu.pdf

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I like it both ways. Filtered or unfiltered.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16396 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I too enjoy Sake when it is cold. It's about that time of year!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've only had it once many years ago. Don't remember much but the fellow said it is properly served warm.

Posts: 7550 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Chilled is okay, but I prefer it warmed.

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
A quick google revealed there are different types. Some served warm and others chilled.

Posts: 7550 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Generally, serve the filtered warm, and unfiltered chilled.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16396 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Generally, serve the filtered warm, and unfiltered chilled.

Good to know!

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Cold, unfiltered sake is like milk of the gods.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've had it every way. I enjoy them all.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7083 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not any more - I drank lot's of Korean Sake while over there.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Korean version Is called Soju.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Warm saki?” Very go-oo-ood!”
- Sonny Chiba as Hattori Hanzo

Posts: 13304 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Sake, there is a brewery just down the road from me. It is technically more like beer. Cheap Sake is typically what is served warm as it helps with the harsh taste. Better Sakes use rice that is milled/ polished much more which makes it much smoother. I always drink it chilled in a wine glass.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Unfiltered. Cold. Nigori. It's perfect with spicy foods. Some Nigori with spicy sushi rolls is a little bit of heaven.

I'm not as much a fan of the other varieties.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I learned one big lesson on my first trip to Japan. Do NOT drink cheap sake.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
About 25 years ago I was doing some contract work, software development. The client, a U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese company, sent three of us to Japan for a week to be briefed on the product.

At the end of the week, Friday evening, the Japanese managers took us out for dinner and drinks at a traditional Japanese place.

There was a lot of sake involved, with beer chasers. I don't remember much about that evening. Not sure how I got back to the hotel. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No where in my area carries Sake, not even the ABC stores. Hence, me buying it while I was in Charlottesville,Va.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's been decades for me. I was favored with Japanese friends while in country who took me through their rice wine festival which, among other things like great sushi, had us partaking of samples of the rice wine as it went through its development / fermentation process. Very educational. Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
It’s not my go to drink but when in Rome, as they say, and it’s frequently encountered.

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post