SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Reloader" blows up his house
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Reloader" blows up his house Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
CHEG,

I agree with your statements, above.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I've associated with you in a class or through some other venue. What institution did you get your MS through? I went to grad school at NMT.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
CHEG,

I agree with your statements, above.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I've associated with you in a class or through some other venue. What institution did you get your MS through? I went to grad school at NMT.

I got my MS from Missouri S&T. I’ve taken some classes at Colorado School of Mines and Texas A&M (TEEX) but I haven’t been able to take anything at NMT yet. With my new position, I might be able to do some training or finally take a class there. Have you ever participated in a Raven’s Challenge or been out to NCETR? I’ve definitely interacted with some folks from NMT, LANL and SNL at various conferences and what not, but I don’t know that we’ve ever met in person. I’m sure we know some of the same people though lol.

Do you ever make it out to Livermore? The mission definitely seems to be changing at my current position and I’m not able to do near as much of the explosives stuff that I’m passionate about. So I decided to look into other opportunities and found a perfect fit for me at LLNL. I was very impressed when I toured the facility, and really feel like my new position is a perfect fit for my skill set. Feel free to hit me up at the email in my profile and maybe we can talk some shop sometime. I certainly wouldn’t mind a few insights into the new world that I’m entering from someone that’s been there for a bit. And if we ever run into each other in person, the first round is on me.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...And if we ever run into each other in person, the first round is on me.

Wait... Eek

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43868 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

As I look back at your post now, I realize I totally misread your post. When I read it the first time it played across in my head as if you were saying that "bomb techs couldn't be trusted as experts, just look at the bomb techs that blew up a neighborhood in LA - they're all idiots". As I look at your post now, I see it the way that I believe that you intended it. I very humbly apologize and ask for your forgiveness.

right on man

thank you for your service. i was certainly NOT broad-brushing LE. too many squared-away, dedicated cops out there to do that.

but i also believe -- professionals absolutely must hold their peers accountable for poor performance -- whether they are pilots, engineers, surgeons, etc

none of which has much to do with this thread -- again apologize for the drift

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So, are we agreed that this was not an explosion of just a reloader's supply of smokeless powder? Without any other explosives, triggers, etc.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

I got my MS from Missouri S&T. I’ve taken some classes at Colorado School of Mines and Texas A&M (TEEX) but I haven’t been able to take anything at NMT yet. With my new position, I might be able to do some training or finally take a class there. Have you ever participated in a Raven’s Challenge or been out to NCETR? I’ve definitely interacted with some folks from NMT, LANL and SNL at various conferences and what not, but I don’t know that we’ve ever met in person. I’m sure we know some of the same people though lol.

Do you ever make it out to Livermore? The mission definitely seems to be changing at my current position and I’m not able to do near as much of the explosives stuff that I’m passionate about. So I decided to look into other opportunities and found a perfect fit for me at LLNL. I was very impressed when I toured the facility, and really feel like my new position is a perfect fit for my skill set. Feel free to hit me up at the email in my profile and maybe we can talk some shop sometime. I certainly wouldn’t mind a few insights into the new world that I’m entering from someone that’s been there for a bit. And if we ever run into each other in person, the first round is on me.

Email inbound.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
So, are we agreed that this was not an explosion of just a reloader's supply of smokeless powder? Without any other explosives, triggers, etc.

flashguy

I'd say yes. Us normal reloader's shouldn't be worrying about this happening. Just don't add too many interesting side hobbies. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post