SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remington UMC range ammo *price alert*
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington UMC range ammo *price alert* Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
I dropped by Academy Sports & Outdoors yesterday, saw this deal they having going, and thought other SF members would be interested.

Academy and Remington have a combined Black Friday week promo going on Remington UMC FMJ range ammo.

$69.99 - 9mm 115gr Range Bucket - 350 rds
$69.99 - .45 ACP 230gr Range Bucket - 200 rds
$89.99 - .40 S&W 180gr Range Bucket - 300 rds

Those are some pretty good prices, but on top of that, Remington has a mail-in rebate going for pistol ammo range buckets purchased between 11/19-11/27 for additional $30 off.

For 9mm, after rebate, that comes out to a little under 11.5c/rd. I haven't seen prices like that since 2007. They have a deal on 500 rd .380 buckets too, but I don't remember the price. Academy limits customers to three buckets per day. Remington limits its ammo rebate to three per customer.

I'm reluctant to use Remmy UMC ammo due to negative reviews on SF and other sites; nonetheless, I thought other SF members would jump on it.

Rem UMC is nasty!

Academy ships, but they are 'Out of Stock Online' on all UMC Range Buckets. If you go to an Academy, and they don't have the bucket you're looking for, you can ask an employee (usually a dept lead or someone who understands the computer system) to perform a chain-wide inventory search to see what other nearby locations are reporting as in-stock.

If you scroll to the bottom of this list, Remmy lists specific Order No./SKU and UPC info for each bucket.

Remington UMC Handgun Ammunition details

Link to various Rem ammo and firearm rebates. The Range Bucket rebate is the first one.
Remington Rebates & Promotions

PDF copy
Promo Code 76946

If you don't have Academy in your area but do have Cabela's, Cabela's is running a similar 'Doorbuster' deal, but it's in-store only and only on Fri 24 Nov from 500-1000am.

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
9mm range ammo is currently regularly priced at under .10 a round at any of the major online ammo retailers -- has been for several months.

Just sayin'

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
UMC works fine. Just very dirty and smells bad. If you're someone who cleans every range trip, it's good to go.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to where to find deals on ammo:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/603106699

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24184 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
9mm range ammo is currently regularly priced at under .10 a round at any of the major online ammo retailers -- has been for several months.

Just sayin'

No, it's priced under $0.20 per round. $0.10/round would be $100 per case of 1,000.

Posts: 5168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabela's appears to be running the same deal on Black Friday.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Thanks. In all my years on SF, I've never been in that subforum. HA, now I know. Big Grin

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

Just sayin'

No, it's priced under $0.20 per round. $0.10/round would be $100 per case of 1,000.

SGammo has/had some for .17

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just sayin'

Damn I've been overpaying at $0.19 for fmj.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just sayin'

Are you sure about that?? What brands??

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Thanks. In all my years on SF, I've never been in that subforum. HA, now I know. Big Grin

Same here. Oh crap, there goes the shooting budget!!

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
They had a great deal last year. I think I bought 1000 rounds.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
They had a great deal last year. I think I bought 1000 rounds.

Bought 2,000 to max out rebate. As mentioned above, shoots dirty, but shoots every time, so far about half way through it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought ammo in years (buy it cheap stack it deep) but I've been shooting through my 9mm stash and was excited to see this thread.

I don't have an Academy Sports near me but Dick's price matches them so I went down there today and picked up 3 buckets of 9mm (their price was 94.99 but they matched Academy at 69.99 per bucket with no hassle at all). I've already mailed off the rebates so I'll have $90 coming back to me. All said and done with tax that's less than $6.40 per 50 rounds and a pretty sweet deal! Iron Chef thank you!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Same here. Oh crap, there goes the shooting budget!!
I'd not been there, either. Just went and checked out 7.62x51 Malaysian 1980 and decided to order 1080 rounds from Ammo to Go. (Of course, I'm hoping it is flashy!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m usually too lazy to send in mail in rebates

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post