SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TSA Casper Wyo
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TSA Casper Wyo Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Quit flying.

If everyone stopped flying for a month or 2 & refused to go back until the TSA was fixed, we wouldn’t have to put up with this.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
Quit flying.

If everyone stopped flying for a month or 2 & refused to go back until the TSA was fixed, we wouldn’t have to put up with this.

Not an option for some of us.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30437 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
There’s 2 options here.

1). Quit flying
2). Continue to have TSA Agents grope you & your family, while treating you like a criminal

Nobody is sticking a gun to anyone’s head & makng you fly.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
There’s 2 options here.

1). Quit flying
2). Continue to have TSA Agents grope you & your family, while treating you like a criminal

Uhhh, dude, some of us need to fly for our livelihoods. It's not an option. Unless you expect me to drive over 2,000 miles everytime I need to meet a ship.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30437 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Uhhh, dude, some of us need to fly for our livelihoods. It's not an option. Unless you expect me to drive over 2,000 miles everytime I need to meet a ship.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. Those tolls on the bridge to Hawaii will kill you.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
That was his impression in the first post. He later clarified that he forgot about the driver license and left.

Now don't you go letting things like context or facts get in the way of some good outrage.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
That was his impression in the first post. He later clarified that he forgot about the driver license and left.

Now don't you go letting things like context or facts get in the way of some good outrage.

Yeah, and not to mention that this could be equally as self inflicted.

Or karma.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had a bad experience with TSA. Yeah, they have to enforce some silly rules, but the people have been 99 & 44/100% polite. One exception is/was a lady at BWI who yelled herding us into the screening area.

Before I retired 2.5 years ago, I used to travel by air in the states 6-7 times a year, often to the DC area. As a retiree we travel 2-3 times/year but usually overseas. We have Pre-Check.

Mrs Sigmund blundered at ORD two weeks ago. After landing at the international terminal, we had to reclear in domestic for our flight to home. She left a partial water bottle in her carry-on, and the x-ray machine caught it. No big scene, no strip search, no paperwork, just "Sorry ma'am, you can't take this in."

Follow the rules, be patient and polite, works for me.

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gun? No. But necessity for work, family, or other reasons? A reality in today's society.

Think back to the days following 09/11 when air travel stopped. The impact was catastrophic. Before you say yes, it's catastrophic to the airlines, the answer is no, it wasn't. It was severely damaging to business, emergency medical, industry, and the impacts lasted for years. The airspace was only restricted for a few days.

If you don't travel, it doesn't hurt TSA. If only one person travels and that person gets screened, from a TSA perspective, they're operating at 100%. Think about it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Folks refused to fly and the auto traffic fatalities climbed. Flying is safer, our response to 911 by hiring a bunch of ill trained employees was our response, the terrorists won a victory that we still enjoy.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I used to fly 3 or 4 times a month

I moved to Arizona back in 2015 and I now drive to CA, Nevada and others rather than fly. I will drive a car across the desert in 105 degree heat before I will get on an airplane.

I've given up a lot of potential revenue because I detest the TSA but for me it was worth it

they're parasites

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post