SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Covid tests/quarantine info for flying into LAX?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid tests/quarantine info for flying into LAX? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Wife needs to fly to LA next week via LAX. Looking at those loonies' website , I'm not entirely sure what the deal is. It's worded poorly.

Unvaccinated individuals need to "quarantine" after arrival in CA even after getting a test, according to the LAX website.

According to the CA Health Dept website, it says out of state travellers should be tested 1-3 days before arriving in CA and then after arrival. It doesn't say testing is mandatory.

She will only be in LA for the weekend.

Two questions that don't really get clearly answered by the assholes in CA: 1) can she enter the state WITHOUT a negative test and 2) will she be able to leave WITHOUT a test.

I'm guessing that for #1, a test would be a good backstop against these loony assholes, but I don't want her to get stuck there.

Obviously, there's no way she can get tested in CA because she will be there less than the required wait period.

Thanks.

PS: Also, fuck the state of California.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
We don't have any sort of quarantine that I'm aware.

Only state which MIGHT have one is Hawaii.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm flying to San Francisco Monday for work. I got a travel advisory from our travel service about LA and California requirements.

It reads as follows:

Important advisories are in place for this trip

California - Recommended quarantine

All travelers, including residents, are recommended to get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel and self-quarantine for 10 days on arrival in California. Travelers with a negative COVID-19 test result are recommended to quarantine for 7 days.

California - Mandatory 10-day quarantine for Los Angeles

Travelers arriving from other states or countries to the County of Los Angeles must self-quarantine for 10 days on an arrival. Travelers can end their quarantine after 7 days if they get tested and get a negative COVID-19 viral test result from a specimen collected 3-5 days after their arrival.

California - Mandatory travel declaration form for Los Angeles

Travelers including residents aged 16 years and older arriving in LA county by plane or train from other states or countries are required to fill out a COVID-19 form online acknowledging that they are aware of the mandatory 10-day self-quarantine in California and the travel advisory against non-essential travel. The form should be submitted online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station.

California - Masks are mandatory in public

Travelers aged 2 years and older must wear masks in public places.

Oat,

If you want I can forward you the email. Just shoot me an email to the email in my profile.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
We don't have any sort of quarantine that I'm aware.

Only state which MIGHT have one is Hawaii.

They still do.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post