SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric (Cordless) Lawnmowers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric (Cordless) Lawnmowers Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
After wasting an hour trying to start my commercial Honda just now I am ready to go electric. So frustrating.

Ha.. I thought it was just me who had Honda starter problems.

I went through three or four separate Honda push mowers, ( self-propelled with pull/key start ) that I just about gave up on them in frustration. However, once going, they handled and cut effortlessly so once I got one that I could work with, ( after having a local Honda mower maintenance shop work on it ) I kept it and it's been doing fine the last seven or so years now.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My inlaws bought an EGO 56v pushmower with the bag. I use it to trim around their house, AC, and in tight spots. It also has no problem cutting a sizeable back yard. I didn't want to like it, but it honestly works great. I would have to say it's been durable after almost 2 years of use. I'm a gas mower guy, but this thing seems to be a quality tool.

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
I have the Stihl 510 along with two AP300 batteries and the commercial charger. Along with the BGA85 Blower and a FSA 85 trimmer. Love them. Can mow trim and blow the 1/3 acre yard. Takes about 1.5 batteries.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Here’s a useless post that won’t help the OP at all, but I bought a gas mower in 1990. It looks its age and I’ve been thinking about replacing it off and on for years but the dang thing starts on the 3rd or 4th pull and I just can not kill it. Sounds like I have less grass to mow than anyone else that’s posted so far, but if I ever need to buy another lawn mower, it will be gas. Heck, I have not even changed the oil in the last 20+ years.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I wouldn't make the change. Even if it worked out of the box, the reliability over 10 years has got to be less, and I suspect the results not as good either.

Certainly don't be the folks we bought our house from, who had one of these apparently:

Cute idea, other than we have a 3/4 acre yard and our neighbors observed that most times it was sitting run down in the middle of a randomly 25% done yard. Idiots.

A few streets over has one. It’s the street that exits the neighborhood (busier than the rest). I saw it the first time a few weeks ago and said iRobot mower? Today it was in the middle of the street. I think people want an app or idevice too much.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12660 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have a Ryobi 40v 20” mower. I’ve had it for close to 6 years now, it cost less than $300 and came with two batteries and a charger.

Lawn at the time I bought it was about 1400 sq ft, and usually swapped to the second battery with about 25% left. My current lawn is probably closer to 1000 sq ft. During the summer when mowing once or twice a week I can do the whole thing on a single charge. Fall or spring when it gets thicker/taller and goes longer between mowing I can get about 75% done before switching to the second battery.

Never have had to wait for a battery to charge since I have multiple batteries. I am a big fan of Ryobi One+ system, both 18v and 40v

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10960 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post