SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
2.5 year old and cancer shouldn't be all in the same sentence.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep your family in my prayers. I have a son the same age and can’t imagine.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Words are of little comfort now, but I wish the very best for your grandson and you.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks.
Prayers for you , your grandson and your whole family.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Must be something wrong with my monitor.

So sorry to hear about your grandson! On the upbeat side, it seems to be very treatable.

If prayers help (and I have a lot of examples to show that they do) things will fall into place and the little guy will make a full recovery and live a full and fruitful life.

Please keep us posted as to his progress!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So tragic. My wife does medical billing for a children’s hospital and she reads about all kinds of horrible things like this happening to innocent children on a daily basis.

Just heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My God.

So very sorry to read this; nothing more that I can say but needed to acknowledge the pain.

Just no words.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tragic as hell. I am so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts his way.

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
About to hit my knees in some special prayer for you.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pediatric oncology are the worst, dirtiest words of any language.

May every blessing available rain upon you.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. All I can offer is my sincerest wishes that he has a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to your grandson, you, and your family. So very sorry this is happening.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your whole family, and especially your grandson's healing.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Praying for you all.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I don't always respond to threads like this because I don't know what to say. I'm a fixer like you but am powerless beyond prayer and hope. I pray you can have peace and your grandson can get through this valiantly. 2.5 is so young...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More prayers for all involved.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers to Titus and his family.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Thank you, thank you all so very much.

It has been a very good week. Since it is stage 4 cancer, in it's current form it is inoperable. So the chemotherapy started on Friday. He had some nausea and constipation on Friday evening and Saturday, but was back to normal by Sunday. On Monday afternoon the Oncologist made his rounds and he was surprised to take note in his words "Wow, the tumor on his head looks to be getting smaller already. This is wonderful".

May daughter was also put on family leave with her job and the quote from the district manager "You are full/part/your time, work when you can and we will pay you, take the time you need for your baby. You have a job and we are here for you". They also gave her a full check for last week when she wasn't even there. Her co-workers also donated over $400 in gas cards and gift cards.

I always knew we had great family and friends, but this weeks outpouring of support has been amazing. Care packages have been rolling in. Personal wipes, hand sanitizer, socks, crocks, chair pillow, and so much more that makes staying at the hospital easier. Itunes gift cards for books and random showings up with dinner, coffee and shoulders to lean on.

In addition we have made a very respectable start on donations to sustain periods of no work and to begin looking for an in home nanny/nurse to cater to Titus's special needs until he gets back to enough health to attend regular day care down the road.

We are on top of the hill for now, there will be valleys in this journey, but for today, I'll enjoy the sunshine with my kid, grandson and family.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Great to hear her company is behind her. Wishing you all the best.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post