SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Start of a New Adventure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Start of a New Adventure Login/Join 
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted
Some of you may remember that my SO and I lost our terrific GSP, Maggie, in May. I found her here on the forum and the member from whom we adopted her was part of the outpouring of sympathy - thanks to all. She was one month shy of 16 years old.

Tomorrow we start a new adventure - we are traveling to NE Ohio to pick-up a new pup. Like Maggie, this one is all liver except for a spot on her chest. Maggie was a little over 2.5 YO when we adopted her - this will be our first experience with a puppy - four months old. As septuagenarians, the task is a bit daunting, but we are looking forward to it.

How can you not love that face? We have named her Mousse - as in Chocolate Mousse. She is crate trained, which should make things a little easier, and we have a lot of accouterments from having Maggie for 13+ years - so we are not total greenhorns.

Thanks for letting me share.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, how sweet is she.

Our Chihaha as my wife calls her has been a real joy after losing my best buddy (still a real heartache). Our Chihuahua pup is a real piece of work let me tell ya. She has really bonded with our three year old rescue heeler mix.

Dogs truly are a gift from God.

Best of luck with her. May you guys enjoy a long and healthy life together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
She looks beautiful. Harley and Georgia says Hi to Mousse.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Mousse” I like it.

She’s beautiful.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pup sir, we are torn between a GSP and a Brittany. We added a new pup 1 year ago and are looking for another. Congratulations on your new addition

Posts: 458 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Big paws! Enjoy the new adventure. Please remember that you, a human, cannot know the thoughts of a noble creature such as Mousse. She is who she is, and our mission is to understand and enable her fabulous qualities.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a looker. Mousse fits her perfect!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Spiffy, Theo and Cosmo say welcome aboard!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hellro Mousse! Welcome to the family!

Ahyoka Star and Sequoyah gives best wishes and love.

What a beautiful baby! I forsee lots of adventures!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post