SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USMC veteran quickly disarms thug in Yuma convenience store attempted robbery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USMC veteran quickly disarms thug in Yuma convenience store attempted robbery Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Hope our Marine is awarded Twisted Tea for LIFE by the owner of that convenience store.... Big Grin Big Grin

AGREED
lets hope that Would be robber dont find Bleeding heart group to Cause the Marine any legal Trouble

I think they'd find themselves in quite a shit storm. Imagine the "crowd funding" that former marine would receive.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
His self-discipline (waiting for dipshit to go past him to the right spot to execute) and his decisiveness (instantaneous violence of action) are what most impressed me. It’s like he sees what’s going down and thinks to himself “Not today asshole”.

The fact that he not only recognized instantly what was happening, but also engaged reflexively is a tribute to his training and mind-set. Good on ‘ya, Marine!!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ He also dropped his keys that were in his left hand in the same instant he struck.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill: Very impressive--he really got inside that jerk's OODA loop.

That's the trick: commit or, not; do not hesitate.

The majority of these clowns expect their victims to be overwhelmed and compliant; bullies. Most of them think a simple slap or shout will get people to cower, assess & gauge the situation, stand your ground, and return fire if need be.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I want to believe that that was a can of Twisted Tea in the marine's shopping bag.

He was interviewed on FOX this morning and he used Monster Energy drink. He also said he would rather someone bought him a beer if they wanted to thank him.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I want to believe that that was a can of Twisted Tea in the marine's shopping bag.

He was interviewed on FOX this morning and he used Monster Energy drink. He also said he would rather someone bought him a beer if they wanted to thank him.

He also said there would have been a different outcome during the subway attack and rape in Pennsylvania if he'd been there. I'd bet he's right about that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
John Wick ain't got nothing on Mr BAMF Marine here!

quote:

“The Marine Corp taught me not to [mess] around,” he later said.

Is anyone else annoyed by journalists constant misspelling of Marine CORPS and other military terms and names?

"Corp" means Corporation

I wish they'd take a whole 15 seconds to check themselves on the proper terminology.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
John Wick ain't got nothing on Mr BAMF Marine here!

quote:

“The Marine Corp taught me not to [mess] around,” he later said.

Is anyone else annoyed by journalists constant misspelling of Marine CORPS and other military terms and names?

"Corp" means Corporation

I wish they'd take a whole 15 seconds to check themselves on the proper terminology.
I am more bothered by the stupid people on TV who pronounce it "corpse", like a dead body.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
wow, he got an award.... watching this video he doesn't look like anyone to f*ck around with.

check out his shirt and hat...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10920 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I love that he's wearing that shirt and hat!

Too bad that video didn't catch a beat down.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I really like that video.

Seems like a great community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post