SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USMC veteran quickly disarms thug in Yuma convenience store attempted robbery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USMC veteran quickly disarms thug in Yuma convenience store attempted robbery Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Kudos to him on the quick reaction!

Attack with with maximum aggression.

https://twitter.com/ZachCrensh.../1451049409785909251

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Attack with with maximum aggression.

Yeah, that type of action requires zero hesitation. 100% commit, or don't commit at all.

Nice job, Marine.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi Marine.... the bad guy never saw it coming and his helper ran like a scared rabbit. .......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Check that boy in black's britches. I believe he fowled himself. Never expected that response now did ya?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.12news.com/article...15-bc02-5b62564ec103

After entering the store, the suspect pointed the gun at the cashier before another customer reacted quickly and disarmed the suspect. The good Samaritan detained the suspect before Yuma County Sheriff's deputies arrived, officials said.

The suspect is a minor and was booked into the Yuma County Juvenile Justice Center for one count of armed robbery and one count of aggravated assault.

Two other suspects in the incident are still outstanding, according to officials.

The customer who stepped in was later contacted and explained that he was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and thanked his training for helping him to gain control of the situation.

“The Marine Corps taught me not to [mess] around," he said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wonder what [mess] actually was.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I believe he fowled himself.

Chicken shit?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Glad he wasn't hurt. He instantly lost control of the weapon and was very lucky not to be shot.

I've trained in this method, and while it's not perfect, I'd focus on getting control of that muzzle first. If you're going to fight over the weapon you better make sure you try to control where it's pointed. It's really hard to get a surprise take-away of a firearm like this.

If you're the one holding the weapon your first instinct is to tighten your grip and pull it back into your body, and if your finger is inside the trigger guard you will fire the weapon.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Marine.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the guy who ran out the door have a weapon??

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I want to believe that that was a can of Twisted Tea in the marine's shopping bag.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Looked to me like he used his left hand to push the tool (pistol) off line while simultaneously using his right hand (and twisted tea?) to attack the weapon (bad guys noggin). Looks like it worked out fine.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Looked to me like he used his left hand to push the tool (pistol) off line while simultaneously using his right hand (and twisted tea?) to attack the weapon (bad guys noggin). Looks like it worked out fine.

Yep. Looked like it worked just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Did the guy who ran out the door have a weapon??

No but he had anitfag bitch skinny jeans so you know xir was a real badass.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hope our Marine is awarded Twisted Tea for LIFE by the owner of that convenience store.... Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"do I go for the larynx or do I gouge out his eyes?"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Glad he didn't end up getting shot. Unless he knocked the gun out of the thugs hand off camera it could have gone real bad for him.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
"do I go for the larynx or do I gouge out his eyes?"

Really?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
OohRah Devil Dog!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife had me replay that in slow motion. Very impressive--he really got inside that jerk's OODA loop.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Hope our Marine is awarded Twisted Tea for LIFE by the owner of that convenience store.... Big Grin Big Grin

AGREED
lets hope that Would be robber dont find Bleeding heart group to Cause the Marine any legal Trouble

Posts: 1601 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post