SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fatal Crash yesterday in the town I live in caught on dash cam.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fatal Crash yesterday in the town I live in caught on dash cam. Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Turn the sound down if your at work or have kids around.

The freeways here are full of crazy, I'm amazed stuff like this doesn't happen more.

Murrieta woman killed in six-vehicle crash on I-15, one arrested for DUI

UPDATED: Tuesday, June 4, 11:15 p.m.

The Riverside County Coroner's office has released the name of the victim in the six-car crash on Tuesday, June 4.

Janet Genoa, 44, of Murrieta was pronounced dead just minutes after the crash caused by a man believed to be under the influence of drugs and driving at a high rate of speed.

Not other details were made available.

UPDATED: Tuesday, June 4, 3:30 p.m.

California Highway Patrol spokesman Officer Mike Lassig released the collision report pertaining to the six-vehicle crash on Interstate 15 south of Rancho California Road in Temecula just before 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 4.

The crash claimed the life of a 44-year-old Murrieta woman when Javier Caldera, 25, the driver of a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado, slammed at a high rate of speed into the back of her 2015 Nissan Altima, causing fatal injuries.

The name of the victim has not yet been released publicly.

According to Officer Lassig, Caldera, of Auburn, Washington, who was uninjured in the crash, was later determined to be under the influence of drugs and was booked into Southwest Detention Facility.

After Caldera's Silverado slammed into the back of the Altima, it started a chain reaction, causing Mike Rivera-Aguilar's Chevrolet S-10 pickup to leave the roadway and collide with the Temecula City Hall parking structure. Rivera-Aguilar, 38, of Wildomar, suffered major injuries in the crash and was transported to Inland Valley Medical Center.

Sidney Lee Graves, 35, of Brandon, Mississippi was driving a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe and Jae Woo Chung, 55 of Irvine, was driving a 2017 Tesla Model S, when they were both struck. Both Graves and Chung suffered minor injuries and were transported by ambulance to Inland Valley Medical Center.

Curtis Lee Dozier, 50, of El Cajon was driving his 2017 Toyota Camry that was involved in the crash, but he reported no injuries and drove away from the scene.

The Temecula Area California Highway Patrol is investigating the collision.

Link

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
wow, sad.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A little more info- also driving revoked. I hope this turd dies in prison.

https://www.thelegaladvocate.c...ith-serious-injuries

Also, rear camera footage from the same recording vehicle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P3GCJHJoB0c

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15582 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
The speed limit is 70 and average speed is 75-80mph so he was going 100+ easy.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can’t help but wonder what sort of drugs the dipshit at-fault driver was under the influence of. He ruined a lot of people’s lives with his stupidity.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Distressing for the passerby's and the witnesses to this too.

Yet so many people claim that drug use is a victimless. crime, that only the user hurts himself. They shouldn't be jailed.

Sad to see videos like this.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The driver of the what looked like a minivan in the front dash camera video likely didn't know what happened. One instant they are cruising down the interstate, the next standing at the Pearly Gates.

Let it be a reminder to us all to express your love for those close to you every day.

As for the person responsible, I hope he gets justice in a measure equal to the harm he did.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yet so many people claim that drug use is a victimless. crime

Yup. A completely retarded stance... until it’s a loved one mangled in a pile of twisted metal.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15582 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Jesus, it looked like a bomb hit those cars. Eek

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
This is not the first time he's apparently driven recklessly. This would also explain the license revocation.

Link

By The Chronicle Nov 26, 2018:

An Auburn man was arrested in Centralia on a felony eluding charge after allegedly leading authorities on a vehicle chase starting somewhere in Thurston County and ending on foot in Centralia.

A Washington State Patrol spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment regarding what prompted the chase.

In Centralia, police were notified at around 2:30 a.m. Saturday of a pursuit heading southbound on Interstate 5. Officers deployed spike strips on the southbound Exit 82 ramp, in case the vehicle’s driver, later identified as Javier Caldera, 25, tried to head into Centralia — which is allegedly what happened, said Centralia Police Department Sgt. Dave Clary.

The vehicle drove over the strips, and blew at least one tire, said Clary, and ended up crashing into a nearby fence on Harrison Avenue. Caldera allegedly left the vehicle and ran away. Officers looked around the area for a couple hours without finding Caldera.

Clary said officers went to businesses in the area and described the suspect to staff members. One eventually spotted Caldera on foot in the area and contacted police. Officers responded and arrested him without further incident.

He was turned over to WSP.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Yet so many people claim that drug use is a victimless. crime, that only the user hurts himself. They shouldn't be jailed.

Drugs, like guns, are inanimate. The individual here is at fault.

BTW, millions of people in Colorado (not to mention the rest of the country) “do drugs”. None of them wrecked out & killed people yesterday. Why aren’t you blaming the car dealership for selling him the pickup? Or the gas station where he ruled up? That’s the next level of false blame.

The individual here is responsible. He was apparently a POS long before this incident.

It pains me to see Pro-gun people blame drugs or alcohol for the bad actions of a POS individual. It’s the exact same line of thinking that anti-gunners use against us.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
all over the news on KTLA today...

this wasn't his first rodeo, too bad it wasn't his last...of all the people to die because of this, it wasn't him which is a real shame

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Guns, cars and gas stations don't impair a person's judgement, reaction time and motor ability.

There is no arguing that drugs and alcohol impair your ability to drive whether you are a stand-up citizen or a POS. This particular POS made the poor decision to do drugs then drive his 2.5 ton vehicle at an excessive speed through traffic, and that lady in the Nissan paid for his drug-influenced poor judgement with her life.

Do other reckless POS's cause collisions by driving like an imbecile while being perfectly sober and lucid? Sure. Do impaired drivers kill more people than said reckless drivers? Absolutely.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:

BTW, millions of people in Colorado (not to mention the rest of the country) “do drugs”. None of them wrecked out & killed people yesterday. Why aren’t you blaming the car dealership for selling him the pickup? Or the gas station where he ruled up? That’s the next level of false blame.

The individual here is responsible. He was apparently a POS long before this incident.

It pains me to see Pro-gun people blame drugs or alcohol for the bad actions of a POS individual. It’s the exact same line of thinking that anti-gunners use against us.

While I agree in essence that the person ingesting, partaking, or otherwise using drugs and alcohol are responsible for their actions, there is a major difference between drugs and guns. Guns DO NOT ALTER ones state of mind. Just because you have a gun, you are not suddenly going to act differently, however, with drugs/alcohol you run a higher chance....pun intended. Doesn't excuse their actions though.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:

I see what your saying but drugs unlike guns effect your sense of judgement and can make you do crazy things. Yes the person decided to take the drugs and thats on them. Guy deserves to rot in jail for murdering that lady. Comparing drugs to guns just does not fly IMO.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my biggest gripes was about dui and conviction reports not covering what type of intoxicant the asswipe was under.

They may run a tox screen on him, however if he died, they like would not. Having a larger database of what type of drugs these shit heads were under would be a great starting point.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've literally never heard anyone say that.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:

I get the argument, but applied consistently, we should go back to Prohibition.

In 2016, 28% of all fatal crashes in the US involved alcohol, while 16% involved all other drugs, legal and illegal, combined.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehic...d-drv_factsheet.html

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
DUI with a revoked license?! He should be tried for vehicular manslaughter at the least. Mad

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
DUI with a revoked license?! He should be tried for vehicular manslaughter at the least. Mad

One of those cases they should bring back summary justice by hanging as long as 3 people agree. Like horse thieving back in the day.