SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A long overdue Karma: DBKnives fixed blade: Thanks SigForum! ***Winner Georgeair****
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A long overdue Karma: DBKnives fixed blade: Thanks SigForum! ***Winner Georgeair**** Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

1990 at a Soviet Airbase outside Vladivostok

1989. Photo I took from a Navy SH-60 of a Soviet Udaloy outside the Straights of Hormuz.

Photo I took of the coast of Iran

S-3 inflight refueling an EA-6B

SH-60B doing a HIFR (Helicopter Inflight Refueling)

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Very cool, please count me in.

One of my favorite Aircrafts, F4 Phantom. This is one that's on the deck of the USS Yorktown in Charleston SC.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance. Glad you are here.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Excellent contributions to the rimfire and aircraft karma thread. Thank you so much for your participation! Love all these photos!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the generous karma opportunity, pbramlett! Please count me in.

This pistol and I have a lot of history. I'll try to keep it brief.

I bought this Mk. I back in 1981, to shoot small-bore handgun metal silhouette. (I medalled with it, too!)

It's been back to Ruger twice. First time was getting a botched trigger job corrected. That and it took two strong men and a small boy to get it apart and back together again. Ruger fixed both problems and, astonishingly, returned it with a terrific trigger! Next time was when, best I can figure, the Tri-Flow on its surface reacted with the foam in its case and the heat blasting through the back car window to destroy its bluing. Ruger made it beautiful again.

At some point I added the walnut target grips. A few years ago I contacted Ruger and they threw a target model's rear sight blade in the mail for me (at no charge).

Over the years I've just kind of shot the thing for S&Gs, and sometimes for warm-up. Which brings us to today.

Recently I acquired a Sig P210 Target. Long story short: I wasn't shooting well with it. So I took it and my trusty Mk. I to the range, and used the Mk. I for warm-up. It was only after I got home I realized that, although I hadn't really been trying all that hard, and it was just crummy bulk pack ammo, I had shot pretty good groups with the Mk. I. This got me to thinking "What could I do with it if I tried?" So I started collecting a variety of .22 LR match ammo for it, and someday soon I'll find out.

This ol' Mk. I... Slide doesnn't lock back after the last round. It's got the heel mag release. It's got the funny ray gun look to it. But it's become like an old friend to me Smile

ETA: Didn't think I had anything interesting aviation-related. Just looked up and realized I have this hanging on the wall:

Referred-to by some as "the best airplane the U.S. Air Force never bought," Northrup's F-20 Tigershark was, probably still is, an anomaly in the U.S. DoD procurement world: A totally privately financed fighter.

A friend/customer of mine at General Dynamics contacted somebody he knew at Northrup to acquire that photo for me. They were hard to come by. I liked it so much I had it professionally framed.

(I apologize for the poor photo quality.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
I'm in. thanks for the great Karma.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1370 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Very cool Karma.
My dad after WWII with his plane. This was, I believe, before he moved to SW TX to make his fortune cropdusting. At about the same time as a drought got rolling....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12436 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Very cool Karma.
My dad after WWII with his plane. This was, I believe, before he moved to SW TX to make his fortune cropdusting. At about the same time as a drought got rolling....

George,

Any idea what type of plane? I think its an Aeronca Chief but I may be mistaken.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Thanks, beautiful work. I'm in.

Contents of my night table safe!

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

Any idea what type of plane? I think its an Aeronca Chief but I may be mistaken.

Unfortunately no, and he passed away in '81. There are a lot of questions I'd like to have asked in the past 38 years, that could have been on the list as well. Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12436 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
IMAGES REPLACED WITH LINKS for those on mobile devices. https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.f...7dca5aef&oe=5D146886

That Spitfire was flown in combat by the RAF, shot down, recovered, repaired, survived WW2, and sold to the Israeli Air Force. It was then flown in combat AGAIN, shot down, recovered, and somehow found it's way to being used as playground equipment for a school in Israel. Seriously. It was then discovered by a private collector who purchased it, restored it to flying condition, and now flys it at air shows. It is stored at a museum/hanger just outside of Norfolk. ALL of the aircraft on display there are kept fueled and oiled and are flown regularly. Really neat place.

https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.f...2b98822f&oe=5D4AED01

https://scontent.fmem1-1.fna.f...f2c39aad&oe=5D487152

They also have my personal favorite WW2 aircraft, the F4U Corsair.

https://scontent.fmem1-1.fna.f...d7c20a29&oe=5D4B36F4

Or maybe you like rotary aircraft?

https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.f...d58e3587&oe=5D03DC9B

Or fast movers like this F22?

I might have a bit of a fascination.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
copaup, you really need to resize those photos down a bit. Quite a bit. They're GIGANTIC. Makes life miserable for members on mobile devices.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
This is great karma. The knife James made for me is in the mail coming my way. The pictures he sent of the finished knife showed a real dedication to his craft. Good luck to everyone. Please don't include me in this karma.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

I took the picture of the Thunderbirds’ F-16 at their annual air show in conjunction with Cheyenne Frontier Days. I also took the picture of the Jug at Udvar-Hazy. Both are favorites in military aircraft. The P2-V is not my photo, but I’m retired Forest Service and it’s a beauty. I missed the era of converted WWII bombers as tankers, but still saw some fantastic planes on fires. Finally, the DeHavilland Beaver is just a favorite airplane, and that’s a terrific picture of one.

ETA: Buh-buh-buh-Bad-to-the-BONE

Thanks for your karma.
T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13293 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
This is great karma. The knife James made for me is in the mail coming my way. The pictures he sent of the finished knife showed a real dedication to his craft. Good luck to everyone. Please don't include me in this karma.

You are gonna love it. I have several of his knives now and they each are great. Be warned. They multiply.

Regards,

P.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites... my double stamp 4" 22lr AR SBR. Thank you for including me.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

The only firearm I've purchased in the past four years, and one I've longed for many years.
The first gun I ever shot was my Dad's Colt Woodsman.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I would love a chance at that great looking knife! Please count me in and thank you! Here is a picture of my one and only 10-22 with a suppressor. This thing is freaky quite!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first firearm -- Dad gave me this .22lr Winchester 250 many moons ago. Hadn't shot it over a year, as I gave its scope to a co-worker who needed one for his .22 rifle. I finally dug up an unused optic, and thus it was time to get the Winchester sighted in.

Thanks for offering up such a nice knife.

Posts: 7884 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

The only firearm I've purchased in the past four years, and one I've longed for many years.
The first gun I ever shot was my Dad's Colt Woodsman.

I too have a love for these old woodsman's. I have one which is a little younger than yours that is just a pleasure to shoot. The only issues i've ever had were with the magazines. They require tweaking occasionally.

Regards,

P.