SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Remember Pete's Wicked Ale?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Remember Pete's Wicked Ale? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Whatever happened to that? Seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth! Confused

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://brookstonbeerbulletin.c...s-petes-wicked-ales/

it go poof. Sad for me.. that was one of my favorite styles

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SirBeep:
http://brookstonbeerbulletin.c...s-petes-wicked-ales/

it go poof. Sad for me.. that was one of my favorite styles

It seems like back then in the mid-90's the craft beer style was much more this kind of brown ale and red ales than today which seems to be dominated by ever-bitter and heavy IPA's.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I remember it fondly. Good stuff!

“Pete Goes Clubbing.”
LOL

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Tried it once, once was enough!!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Used to buy Petes all the time. Truthfully, didn't notice it disappear.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth!

Deservedly so.
Probably went to join Zima in the Hall of Crap.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

Deservedly so.

I don't recall it being "crap" at all? In fact it was one of the first "micro brews" as craft beer was called then that I discovered and enjoyed.

Now Zima, that was some crap! Did you know it came back this summer on a limited release and people were going nuts buying that garbage?

posted Hide Post
It was my go to beer for a good part of the 90s.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
quote:

Deservedly so.

I don't recall it being "crap" at all? In fact it was one of the first "micro brews" as craft beer was called then that I discovered and enjoyed.

Now Zima, that was some crap! Did you know it came back this summer on a limited release and people were going nuts buying that garbage?

Petes was never a "micro".

It was always a marketing contract brew

Decent for what it was

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Deservedly so.

Back by popular demand......For a limited time.

In highschool the girls would drop a Jolly Rancher in them, then drink it. I almost considered buying a 6 pac for shits and grins, but I rather light a cigar with the ten spot over drinking that crap.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I used to drink it. Not bad at all. There was another beer around that time with a yellow label. I think it the word brown in it. Real popular then fizzled out.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the mid 90's I was working at a 7-11 part time and playing rugby as a intramural club sport at college. (We would play vs the same Cal team that would win national championships. Our college had no money for us so we self funded our travel. We only got to use their name and fields ) My beer distributor rep at 7-11 hooked me up with "get wicked tonight" t shirt and a Pete's wicked ale rugby shirt. Wore the t shirt out often got lots of comments. Still have the rugby shirt in the closet next to my college rugby shirt. They were based out of Palo Alto if I recall and we used to party up there before it was too expensive to even drive through that zip code.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I liked it before they sold tbe company. Went to crap after that.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have the T-shirt somewhere

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post