SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Corona Thread with No Direct Fit. Fed Attorneys????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Corona Thread with No Direct Fit. Fed Attorneys???? Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
So...

I am a real estate appraiser. If I read correctly, according to the Code of Federal Regulations, I am an essential worker under the Graham Leach Bliley Act under the Federal Reserve. Does this mean my life continues as normal?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/12/225.28

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Corona virus/covid-19 What is essential services?:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4910048764

Posts: 10986 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Read (b) 2(i) of the link I just posted

Mine is on the federal level

It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Under this recent CISA/DHS guidance, it appears that at least initially, the answer is no. However, I am NOT, as you asked, a Federal Attorney, I just happened to be dealing with this a lot in the past few days. This is only guidance though, and not a federal directive.

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/def...orkers-1-20-508c.pdf

edited to add: If I reading things correctly, the designation is currently being left to the states with the federal government acting in a supporting role.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Otto, that is some information that is more reliable. Thanks

Looks like I "may" be covered under the Financial Services, bullet point two category, lending services.

eta: I work mostly with federally related transactions

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Otto is correct.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
Read (b) 2(i) of the link I just posted

Mine is on the federal level

I see. What we need then would be individual threads for every state and federal law by that reasoning.

Posts: 10986 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post