SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super easy cheesy meatloaf recipe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super easy cheesy meatloaf recipe Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So I took a three pound chub of hamburger and one pound of mild Italian sausage and threw them in the Kithenaid mixer with the dough hook. I added two packages of "Bear Creek" cheddar broccoli soup mix.

It is now a football shaped loaf baking at 350 for one hour and ten minutes.

I have also added sliced mushrooms and sliced black olives to this in the past.

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
PICTURES MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14014 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No filler? Bread? Crumbs? Even rice?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My son showed me that by placing a layer of sliced bread under the meatloaf, the bread soaks up the grease (bad if you're making gravy though)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14043 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Or binders either. I am guessing that the soup mix helps fill those roles?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

no bread or rice. The soup mix is the binder.

You can change this up and use French onion soup mix instead of the broccoli cheddar soup mix.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Was any whiskey involved in this project? (And I'm not referring to ingredients list.) Jus' askin'. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve been branching out lately myself. I saw some leftover ham in the fridge a while back, made some ‘cheesy’ scalloped potatoes. They turned out just fine.

Posts: 6194 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Its not my mom's meatloaf unless you put about a half bottle of ketchup on the top while its baking. But sure, yours sounds good too!

Posts: 1996 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Oven is fine but on the smoker is better.

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try "Honey Nut Cheerios" for the binder. Add some Franks also.

Posts: 10 | Location: Kalamazoo,Mi | Registered: March 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post