SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rigid Shop Vac - Outstanding Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigid Shop Vac - Outstanding Customer Service Login/Join 
posted
In today's climate were it feels like everything is an uphill battle I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was dealing with Rigid.

2 year old 1450 shop vac started making funny noises and suction was going up/down.

Called Home Depot and was directed to Rigid's site. took 5 minutes to complete a claim form. They replied within 24 hours asking for additional info and then a few days later again telling me my claim was approved.

Not 100% sure what I was getting as they just sent me a tracking number but much to my surprise I got a brand new vac (newer model) with instructions to cut cord and trash old one.

That is great customer service

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that's good to hear,
I had problems with a two y.o. Farberwear skillet .

The claims Dept. helped me jump through some hoops in the online
claim form, I took three pictures and waited six weeks for a new skillet and lid.

Pretty great service for a $30.00 piece of cookwear

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not so much about RIGID customer service, but more about the product itself. I have a RIGID shop vac I bought approximately 22 years ago. I have beaten that vac mercilessly and used it extensively throughout my building and improvement escapades. Though it looks like crap at this point, it still works great. One of the best tool purchases I've even made.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI: RIDGID is the tool company.
"Rigid tool" refers to something else "in your pants", as Geoff Peterson would say. Smile

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Rigid is my power tool brand of choice.

Back in 2006, I bought a 4 tool 24volt set with the lifetime service agreement. Fast forward to 2018 and the batteries finally gave up. I called in asking for new ones and was told they don't make them anymore and my case would be escalated to a higher level. 4 days later I received a brand new 5 tool 18volt set in the mail. Boom, that's customer service. The new set even included an impact gun which I didnt have in my last kit.

Since then I've bought Four 18v/110v portable fans, 18v jobsite blower, 18v handheld vacuum, 18v handheld air compressor, two 12v drills, a large wet/dry vacuum, a dual slot charger and a half dozen batteries.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post